What constitutes a "FULL" custom rifle build? ...

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Not all "custom" actions are created equal, but the "good ones" are always going to be better than a mass produced factory rifle action no matter how much truing and work is done. This does not, by any means, mean you can not build an exceptional rifle in a semi custom.

That is why I caveat it as ...

I understand that accuracy is dependent of how and who build the rifle.

Canhunter35

Not all "custom" actions are created equal, but the "good ones" are always going to be better than a mass produced factory rifle action no matter how much truing and work is done. This does not, by any means, mean you can not build an exceptional rifle in a semi custom.
Yeah this line of thought had me wondering if the worst custom action was better than the best factory action? Lol

HARPERC

Not passionate about it, but I think there "factory" actions good enough to be called full custom. Some of the "custom" actions are frequently described as "clones".

How about no factory ammo available-or set up to need a custom bullet?

Custom made rifle; pick your action type which would be reworked, and then everything after that, I'd say that would be a full custom job, now customize to me means; just changing a few critical components to fit what you want.