What cartrages do you use RL 26 in?

I use it in my 6.5x284's when going heavy with the Berger 156. Velocity in the 3000FPS range, single digit ES, and great accuracy. The only drawbacks are high temperature(+85F) pressure spiking, and it burns very hot potentially effecting barrel life.

The only drawbacks are high temperature(+85F) pressure spiking,
THIS^^^^^^^^^
Started using RL26 in my .300 Win Mag extensively since since May. Velocity is impressive...over 3,000 fps with a Berger 210 & 26" barrel. The load I settled on (back in May) shot 1/2 moa @ 200 yards....but as the summer has progressed (along with the heat/humidity) I'm getting some weird 'fliers'. I haven't been shooting it much lately....

6.5 Creed, 7 STW, 338 Lapua.
I used it in my 6.5-284 Norma but got pressure spikes above 85 degrees (only cartridge I saw this anomaly). Switched to RL23 without issue. My 280 AI prefers RL23 over 26. Same velocity but better accuracy. I'd get a random flier when using RL26

It's magic in the Creedmoor. I'm getting 2950 fps with the 143 gr ELDX. Never hit pressure but ran out of case capacity and velocities over 3000 fps.

I picked up my 8 pound keg yerterday so I hope to have some info soon. I will try it in my 260 with 168 VLD hunting and my 25-06 with 110 ELDX. When I get done I willpost what my results were.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.