What caliber

Ahhh....That Rem 7400 is a semi... It will never shoot with a bolt action. If you want tight groups... you must make the switch to a bolt.
Yes sir that's why I'm wanting to get a 270 win in a bolt action rifle.the 7400 was my late grandfather and It was the rifle I started hunting with and I got it out the other to see what the hand loads would do in it and see if it shot as well as it use to but not sure what happen to it in the past 12 years or so that i didn't have it but it will no longer shoot and I was mainly just seeing what it would do because I would like to hunt with it just to keep the old memories of me and my grandfather alive

Only my opinion... I think if you are wanting a great all-around, accurate bolt action rifle to hunt in North America and already have ammo and reloading gear for the 270 Win, being you have the Rem 7400, then I think a 9 twist 270 will get you all you need for slightly heavier projectiles.
I wouldn't be concerned with all the new craze about heavier .277's like the 165 class projectiles.
It won't kill any better, but can cause lots of other problems trying to get there.
I'm looking really hard for either a real good factory rifle or a donor action to build a rifle off of.i would really like to have a custom built with 1/8 twist 24 inch plus. #3b or #4 barrel on a winchester model 70 stainless control round feed action. And I thank 150 160s are about as heavy as I would need to go.im leaning more towards 1/8 twist due to the heavier hammer bullets.and like you say the 270 win is a good all around caliber and my grandfather loved it so much he hunted with it since the late 60s all the way to his last hunting season.i thank alot of why I've been thanking of getting another 270 win is mostly due to memories of him saying how much he loved the caliber and him always hunting with one no matter what he hunted

What about 25-06? Really nice all around round.
the 270 with 150 gr will take down just about any thing that walks, if you know bullet placement..been shooting 150 gr Speer for more than 65 years, never had too go look for that animal. never shot a Griz. Only have 5 m70, each with different scopes for different jobs.