What caliber for a suppresed short barrel lightweight build

I have a 18" 6.5 prc and 11" 6mm creed. For the creed I have a new thunder beast dominus coming. I don't know if I'd do another creed tho. Think the bra would be better. It runs a 110 at 2550. The 18" prc runs a 135 at 3000.

300 Blackout. Very versatile round and you can make your own brass out of spent .223. I've running an 9" bolt action remy 700 that is a stupid quiet suppressed and a short handy package.

300 Blackout. Very versatile round and you can make your own brass out of spent .223. I've running an 9" bolt action remy 700 that is a stupid quiet suppressed and a short handy package.
With a 400m/450yard requirement, it is questionable he would have enough energy at the outer range to be an effective game cartridge. It does depend on what he is shooting at that range however. A Fox is much different than a Russian Boar or big Bear.

I really think some of you should look at the .358 Yeti. It outperformed the. 458 SOCOM, is made from 7.62 brass, and with a can it would be easy to find a very lethal short range sub. Performance is on par with the .35 Remington.

The yeti is a neat round..
You are still limited to bullet weight in a subsonic platform. It's the only way to increase or decrease energy levels in a 1050 fps limit. The yeti has a great advantage of using pistol projectiles.

The Raptor series is where I'm looking these days. Arne Brennan has done some awesome work doing cartridge development. The 45 & 375 Raptor for AR-10's and the 7mm Raptor for the AR-15 series is a hard act to follow.

That being said, Tromix and the Socom's are really strong contenders as well. The 375 Socom is another really tempting one for me as well. The 458 Socom is no slouch either.

Dear all, many thanks for all commets. I will sumarize somehow my decision. As I do not want to use AR platform of any kind and I want subsonic only as option for 10% of hunting related shooting, so this somehow kicks out anemic close range rounds like 300 BLK or 338 Spectre and also AR10 calibers like 338 creedmore or 375 raptor. At the end it will be 338 Federal or 338 RCM, based on what action I will use, or I will say to old greedy self that the 308 I already have altough not perfect, still more then good enough for what I need.

Dear all, many thanks for all commets. I will sumarize somehow my decision. As I do not want to use AR platform of any kind and I want subsonic only as option for 10% of hunting related shooting, so this somehow kicks out anemic close range rounds like 300 BLK or 338 Spectre and also AR10 calibers like 338 creedmore or 375 raptor. At the end it will be 338 Federal or 338 RCM, based on what action I will use, or I will say to old greedy self that the 308 I already have altough not perfect, still more then good enough for what I need.
After page 1 said 200 lb animals at 450 yards I was a little flabbergasted to see 300 blk. Same with grendel IMO

yeah I was laughing like hell when 300blk popped up. I want big calliber (.30+) bullet with decent energy to make decent hole in game for good tracking in case of not perfect shot (this can always occure during night hunt), not to play with soda cans at local pistol range :D Good shoot placement is key, and for cases when this does not happen large caliber is always a bonus.

I had DMR build me a 18 inch Proof barrel 6.5 Creedmoor out of a 308 LTR. I was going to do 16 inches but I wanted the velocity with RL26. I was still 2760 fps with a140 grain Berger and RL26. The one down side is with a muzzle brake......it was LOUD as heck. Almost unbearable!!Lol

The 308 with a 155 grain would be just fine also in a short barrel in my humble opinion.