What Caliber for 600yd Whitetail? (New rifle Build)

A 270 Win shootin 140 grain Berger hunting bullets is sure death at 600 yards and further.You want something better?A 1-8 twist 270 WSM with 170 grain Bergers.A Good gunsmith can open your bolt face for Magnum width.
Or buy this bad boy and spend your time working up loads.

Last edited:
A 270 Win shootin 140 grain Berger hunting bullets is sure death at 600 yards and further.You want something better?A 1-8 twist 270 WSM with 170 grain Bergers.A Good gunsmith can open your bolt face for Magnum width.
Or buy this bad boy and spend your time working up loads.

Yes sir the 140 Berg is quite capable. I shot a monster cow (not slow elk) last year at 497. She was quartering away a bit. I snuck it in behind the right front, it exited the left front. She took 2 steps and bit the dust!

Not gonna fault a guy for trying to fill that new cartridge itch LOL! However, I want to say the quiet part out loud..."Brah, YOU GOT A 7mm REM MAG!" :D
Oh for sure. I've finally been in a place to get a few new-old guns this last year.

I already had a .270, .243, and a .300 win mag. Need had nothing to do with it haha, on this continent that's more than enough for everything.

But I'm very happy to have added a .257 weatherby, an 8mm mauser, and a .358 Norma mag to my collection 😁

This fellow ballistic brother NEEDS a new chambering 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh for sure. I've finally been in a place to get a few new-old guns this last year.

I already had a .270, .243, and a .300 win mag. Need had nothing to do with it haha, on this continent that's more than enough for everything.

But I'm very happy to have added a .257 weatherby, an 8mm mauser, and a .358 Norma mag to my collection 😁

This fellow ballistic brother NEEDS a new chambering 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I wholeheartedly concur. Sometimes though, one can fall in love all over again by repurposing their old loves! :D

Recent Posts