What caliber build on rem 700 .540 bolt face

806, are there any feeding issues from the magazine with the 300 prc? Also, did you have a Wyatt's mag box installed?
I put the barreled action in a KRG Bravo and have zero feed issues. I may be putting my 7 prc in a 7 rem mag bdl soon.

Stay with the 7RM because your use to it, or 264WM, or 300WM. all of these cases are Readily available. I'm sure you have plenty of cases already....

My vote is for another 7 mag or 300 win. With the current selection of high BC bullets for the 7 it will do most everything you'd want. I might have to have one built just to play with it. In my opinion the 300 win is a hard to beat all around caliber though. There is a lot of great factory ammo for it and it's easy to load for. Good luck with the build!
All the new cartridges are wheel reinventions

And so are new tires, but vastly a huge improvement of what was available in the 60's
Hhmmmm 45-70, 06', 7 mauser, 6.5x55, 270Win, 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54, the youngest is 98 years old. All are efficient & well used yet today❗and copied

I have a Remington 700 in 7mm that's loosing accuracy (throated about 4"). I'm looking at doing a low budget build. I don't want to do any modifications to the action, magazine or stock. The stock is for a sendaro profile. I am wanting to get into a LR target rifle that I can hunt with.. I'd like something that shoots somewhat flat like a 338 edge but doesn't like the crap out of you. I shot a 338 ultra without a break and I don't care for that kind of recoil in a hunting rifle. I will put a break on whatever I build. What do you recommend and why? Thanks in advance
I might have missed it but is your 7mm a Remington Magnum or a Remington Ultra Magnum? It is my understanding that the feed rails on the RUM line of cartridges are cut differently than standard magnums. When I was looking to rebarrel a 300 RUM to something a little shorter, I read in a couple of places that a PRC might not feed well from a BDL style RUM action. So, I went with a long-throated 30 Nosler.

It's currently a standard Remington 7mm so il probably go back to rem 7mm. I picked up a long range barrel. If I don't find a Sendaro 7mm take off il be installing the long range soon.

Like has been mentioned, since you've shot out your 7 mag barrel I'll assume you've been happy with it.

I would properly throat for the 7mm heavies and buy a barrel with the proper twist rate and sat 7PR Who?

Recent Posts