What bullet for hogs 6.5 Grendel?

I've shot a lot of hogs with my Grendel and as Snox said I wouldn't t use any rapid Varmint bullet you listed. Unless going for behind the ear or any head shot. Stick to game animal bullets would be best.

This dude has piled up a metric ton of pigs, he's approaching DJones status as a bona fide pig killer. Anything he recommends I would listen to when it comes to the Grendel.

I have killed a fair number of animals with Hornady SST 123 grain w the Grendel. 5 Pronghorn, half a dozen pigs, 1 whitetail, 2 Aoudad.

The internet tells me they aren't good bullets. My experience is that they work fine. Great in most cases.

The exit wounds on the Pronghorn were shocking.

Pigs all shot in the neck DRT.

Aoudad ram didn't take one step. Aoudad ewe shot a bit low, but still didn't go more than 5 yards before a second shot anchored her.

Whitetail fell DRT also.

I just loaded 100 more w 27.9 gr TAC. They shoot incredibly accurate groups. It's my favorite Grendel bullet.
I concur the 123 gr SST works awsome.

Thick skin game = partition
I have 125 partitions sitting on my bench with 50 prepped cases. Gonna work up some loads as I consider it one of the best tested lead/copper bullet.

I wish Nos would make a 120-123gr ABLR. That would be the biznis on anything worth shooting.

I generally use good bonded cup and core style bullets when it comes to pigs, I have no desire to eat another one. I killed so many in the late 90s and early 2000s that I cannot stand them. I hate them and the destruction they do in and around both farms.

I usually buy whatever soft point, Interlock or partition style bullet is cheapest and use those if it's 5-6 pigs or less, if it's a sounder, custom Mossberg 930 with a Steve Rose modified barrel and 9 or 15 pellet 00 buck and empty the tube on them.

Heavily constructed bullets and velocity work, but good old well constructed soft point bullets that move at moderate speeds work too.

Back when I was in recovery/eating mode, I've chased more pigs shot with a >.350" diameter bullet than I ever have with a <.308" bullet. I have also shot enough big ones enough times that I wondered how they were still able to move, some pigs desire to live outweighs your desire to kill them.

This was a cheap Winchester 6.5 Creedmoor power point at about 125yds, blew thru both shoulders and he was still twitching, so I put a second one thru the chin, you can see the entrance, no exit. 24" ARP 3 groove barrel for size reference

9DD98EF2-F26B-4314-84F9-2265C0642B93.jpeg

Look up carpe sus on YouTube. He has killed over a thousand with the 6.5 Grendel. I was surprised at how well the Speer TNT bullet performed. He has another channel that he does more reporting on wound channel and bullet performance. The 123 SST look to work well also.
As always shot placement is as important if not more so than bullet. Taking them out with a central nervous system seems way more reliable than a heart lung shot.

My go to never fail me are fmj. I've been killing pigs since '78 with fmj's (55gr mostly). I'm doing work up on Lapua 100 and 144fmj's in 6.5gren, 6.5creed, 260rem and 264wm. My 26cal fmj's are 100, 120, 123, 139 and 144gr.

I will second the ELD-M, these were all 6mm ARC ELD-M. I don't care to recover them, I want them to die, I just don't want the hassle of hauling them off.

I sold the ARC and I am building a 19" Grendel and a Howa Mini Grendel, 120/123ish ELD or TSX or other tough constructed bullet will be my bullet of choice. I will get plenty of data thru the next few months, pigs move up out of the creek bottoms and routinely tear up the garden, chicken coop and root around the feed/tack room.

I am using the 62gr TTSX and 62gr TSX loaded by Copper Creek in my Aero/AR15 Performance 7 twist 223 Wylde with the same results. In fact I haven't recovered a bullet yet and had multiple pass thrus out to 200yds. It's cheap and accurate and with a 1x and WML quite deadly combination in and around the house.View attachment 413711View attachment 413712View attachment 413713View attachment 413714View attachment 413715View attachment 413716
Dude...you're going to have a shortage of oinkers pretty soon!

I have absolutely pole axed 200 lb white tails with the Grendel, 123 SST's and 28.3 gr of TAC. No bullet blow ups as close as 50 yds. Never shot a pig with this load, but 6.5 Creedmoor and 140gr Swift A-frame takes 300 lb South Carolina boar hogs DRT with neck or shoulder shots out to 150 yds all night long. I would think the 120 grain A-frame in the Grendel would do the same, but never tested it.