What bullet for 338 rum for deer hunting under 300 yards?

It's a theory, His theory. He says it very plainly.

I don't disagree with what he is saying. I don't pretend to know the unanswerable, (with our current science) answer to the question that both theories aim to answer, which is: what is the mechanism of death?

What I'm talking about is meat damage. I was using "hydrostatic shock" to explain how a bullet passing through flesh causes damage as it passes. I probably should have used a different phrase, but I didn't expect people to have the reaction that they had to the term. My point Was that as a projectile passes through flesh, it rapidly displaces fluid, which is what we typically call "bruising" when analyzing a dead animal..

This phenomena is made more severe by several factors, but the big 3 would be:

Energy
Velocity and
Projectile diameter

The more those numbers go up, the more fluid is displaced, causing more potential meat damage. Since no 2 animals are the same, it would be virtually impossible to scale this.

Thank you for sharing the article, I will read the rest of it now..
It's a long read and technical, but really interesting. 406muley

Elk Hunter 338,
There's no point feeding the trolls.
Keyboard warriors just aren't worth the time.

Cheers.
keyboard study GIF

😂

I've killed more game animals than both of you combined will kill in your lifetimes. I've spent more time studying ballistics than both of you have in your lifetimes.

Neither of you have presented a single fact, shred of evidence to support your ridiculous claims, or any useful perspectives.

You just magically "know" things that are counter to all science and logic. It's all hot air. Of course you will attempt to attack my character now, since that is what people of low character do when they are getting thumped properly in a debate. See if you can find some more gifs to post, they make my point for me.

Send me your address and I'll send you a scale, so you can stop walking around talking about 100lb coyotes.

I've killed more game animals than both of you combined will kill in your lifetimes. I've spent more time studying ballistics than both of you have in your lifetimes.

Neither of you have presented a single fact, shred of evidence to support your ridiculous claims, or any useful perspectives.

You just magically "know" things that are counter to all science and logic. It's all hot air. Of course you will attempt to attack my character now, since that is what people of low character do when they are getting thumped properly in a debate. See if you can find some more gifs to post, they make my point for me.

Send me your address and I'll send you a scale, so you can stop walking around talking about 100lb coyotes.
😂 😂 😂 😂 GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE BUD! it was literally a fricking JOKE..

your hilarious !!!

now you know me personally and what I've killed in my lifetime!?? stop it man my sides hurt from laughing at all your jokes!!

😂 😂 😂 😂 GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE BUD! it was literally a fricking JOKE..

your hilarious !!!

now you know me personally and what I've killed in my lifetime!?? stop it man my sides hurt from laughing at all your jokes!!
Hey killer, I started killing deer 32 years ago in an region where we can legally kill more than 300 deer a year. For the first 15 years, I averaged around 50 deer a year. These days I only kill 12-15 a year..

Those are just the deer numbers.

See, I kill more deer in a season than you do in a decade. Now, if I'm wrong, from this position on my high horse, tell me how..

I did not know that if someone type's in your name you will get a notifacation cool, anyways yes Barnes TSX and TTSX in 180gr combined with RL17 will get you 4000fps in an 338 EDGE. so a 338RUM with just a few grains less case capacity will not be far behind. If you start somewhere around 90gr and work your way up to 95gr or a full case which ever comes first, you will be way above 3500fps and knocking on 4000fps door, my load is 100gr plus and jump the lands 100 thou.

Dean

A place Where I use to work had a bridgeport that was collecting dust, "no one knew how to use it" and they did not do that type of work anymore. So I ask my boss if I could get it up to speed and he said sure he would like to see it working incase we ever needed it. So I got it going and there were these jigs or fixtures, I don't know what they were for but they held bullets perfectly with out marking them and I started trimming bullets "they also had new or fresh sharpened cutters in cosmoline" TSXs and TTSXs since they were solid I had the 338cal 180s and 160s down to 110gr and the 30 cal 110gr down to 85gr and a bunch of other calibers, it was a blast and they shot great the speeds would make the crono smolder.LOL If the Dam things did not weight 12 tons I would have one in my garage.

Dean

Last edited: