What brake for a Cheytac?

The large Pain Killer makes them comfortable to shoot at the bench or prone. I shot one with some other brake and it was punishing.

Steve

With the Allen Mag's being improved Cheytac's and his painkiller being designed for that volume of gas = no brainer

My 16.5 pound Snipetac has a muscle brake on it and it does a great job. I was shooting it off a bench w/bags yesterday and letting it free recoil to see if that changed accuracy or poi compared to how hard I usually drive it off the bipod. I could spot my impacts at 500 (closest I shot it). I have fired it without a brake and then back on to see how efficient it is. Let's just say that a 375 grain bullet @ 3150 will get your attention...it was money well spent.
If any of the others are more efficient then they must be awesome and worth the extra money.

Using a BAT single shot action (left bolt-right port), Brux barrel and XLR chassis. The brake is the last part to decide on.

Check out the bigger MBM Beast brakes. I'm running the 5 port beast on my 338 RUM and it's very comfortable on the 300gr SMK loads. He also has some comparisons, and the beast compares very nearly to the Terminator, sometimes a bit better. And he's on the forum, IdahoCTD

The T4 instead of the T5?
I say T4 because it will look the best on barrels from a light Idaho contour up to just short of the dia of brake, then I would step up to the huge T5 which I only put on rigs that are super heavy and oversized! which when they are that big the 35 plus pound weight midigates most of the recoil. I'm an Idaho boy so I have to relate everything to our 16# weight limit and get creative.. my 15# Cheytac runs a T4 as well as many others like this in weight and recoil is very low about like a 30-06 in a medium weight rifle!

This rig will have a 1.1" muzzle diameter and a SuperMag stock so it'll be at least 20 lbs...hoping for close to 30 lbs.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.