What bore cleaner do you use ?!

IMGP0085_1.jpg
[/URL]

Remington bore cleaner is 5 micron Al Oxide, so easy does it. No doubt it does an aggressive job on heavily carbon fouled bores.

I have been using KG12 copper solvent, and wondered if there is something else anyone else uses they find better in any way? I was using Butchs Bore Shine, but thought the KG line might do a better job without the smell.
I know theres tons of videos out there on various bore cleaners, and methods of cleaning but I was looking for advice from you shooters here.
Thanks !!!
Wipe out with Wipe out accelerator can't be beat!

I quit reading at page five. So not sure if someone else mentioned it, but Pro Shot copper Solvant and Pro Shot One Step have worked well for me. I've also used butches bore shine, JB and the KG line of cleaners. The pro shot isn't as aggressive as some cleaners with emonia but works well enough with just a little help from a nylon brush. I put a patch soaked in the copper solvent own the barrel and let it sit for 30 sec. Followed by another wet patch. Then scrub with a nylon brush while the bore is still wet. Let sit for a few minutes, dry patch. Repeat until copper is gone. I then run dry patches through the bore till they come out clean. I run a patch lightly soaked in pro shot one step through the barrel and let it sit. Apparently it is like Kroil in that it penatrates the micro pores of the metal and will lubricate that first bullet down the pipe. After that the barrel should have a thin layer of carbon over the bare metal so no more copper to bare metal contact. I don't know if it's bs or not but my barrels don't copper foul nearly as bad sense I started using the pro shot solvent and oil

I have tried several cleaners but hard to beat the 3 boretech cleaners. Eliminater, carbon and copper get the rifles cleaned in short order.

I have been using KG12 copper solvent, and wondered if there is something else anyone else uses they find better in any way? I was using Butchs Bore Shine, but thought the KG line might do a better job without the smell.
I know theres tons of videos out there on various bore cleaners, and methods of cleaning but I was looking for advice from you shooters here.
Thanks !!!
Sweets 7.62 very caustic but if used properly it's the best copper cleaner you can use. They recommend leaving it in for 5 to 10 minutes. I never leave it more than 3 minutes and neutralize it with a swipe of WD40 to make sure it is nuetralized!

We have two different bore scopes and as of this day nothing takes the carbon fouling out 100%............We have tried 42 products and ended up with Wipe out and other shooter uses JB's paste, I don't use JB's. I use Kroil penetrating oil to soak then clean out and Wipe out with nylon brushes and patches, mostly patches. I also use Moly coated bullets which keeps carbon fouling down.

Brushing with accelerator, then brushing with Patch Out did well. If no brushes and just patches, would be about the same as soaking with Kool Aid. Bore started off clean down to bare metal, then 35 rounds of 7 Mag in a SS barrel, barrel cooled ever 3rd shot.

The carbon looks dark grey, with small globules, and build up against the lands. Carbon would start cleaning up in the middle of the groove first, the works way toward the lands.

Bore brushing with accelerator and Patch out kept taking out more, let it soak over night, patch out, still gray on patches. Still carbon in the barrel with the hawkeye.

Bore tec C 4 is taking more carbon out than Patch out.

In the end, I use patches with Montana Extreme Copper Cream(no smell), this is easier to use than JB, and gets the remainder of the carbon out.

The copper cream does not play around with fouling at all, copper and carbon. I like it so much I ordered 5 bottles off of ebay.

I think that the discussion has taken a turn for what gets most of the carbon out, vs what get the fouling out to bare metal.

Those tall bottles I had of the wipe out products were used on high quality SS BArrels, 6 Dasher, 6 BRX, 6.5x47L. 308. and 7 Mag.'

I have no ax to grind with a product or a poster. I just want my barrels down to, or very close to bare metal. I see accuracy open up somewhere around 45 rounds.

Recent Posts