What blew up my gun?

I have a friend who sent a 270 win down a 7 RM once, it blew the shoulder open and sent crap out the pressure hole but he was not hurt

glad there were no injuries-
you think scorpion will warranty that scope under their "sting free" policy?

"STING FREE" WARRANTY
If you have ANY issues with your Red Hot Varminter 4-16x44 you can simply return it to us, and have it exchanged for a brand new one.

FYI
I did send my scope Red Hot Varminter 4-16x44 back to Scorpion Optics
last Monday Sept 16, 2019 just how it looks in posted pictures (page 1).
Last Friday Sept 20, 2019 I received brand new scope.
Scope was an amazing scope before I destroyed it.
I now know why, because Scorpion is an amazing Canadian company.
Thanks

Sorry for the troubles.

There was a guy reference in an article a while back, blew up his gun. What was surmised is that he had just a bit of pistol powder in his measure as he switched to rifle powder. This was just a small enough amount as to not notice as he went to the slower powder.

After he blew up his gun he backtracked to the powder measure. Kinda a strange way to go, just saying, proceed carefully.

Sorry for the troubles.

There was a guy reference in an article a while back, blew up his gun. What was surmised is that he had just a bit of pistol powder in his measure as he switched to rifle powder. This was just a small enough amount as to not notice as he went to the slower powder.

After he blew up his gun he backtracked to the powder measure. Kinda a strange way to go, just saying, proceed carefully.
I don't shoot/reload pistols so I have no pistol powder.
I'm suspecting my powder throw is inconsistent as you can see from my previous text after I pulled bullets from left over reloads. Inconsistent measures.
I'm thinking after reloading /shooting 3 years of these inconsistant reloads , some as much as 3 grains over Hornady Book maximum gun action / bolt may have developed metal fatigue.

i very glad no-one was hurt..

I picked up the wrong bottle of powder one day and produced almost the same results. You You must be correct 110% with you materials

Pass this one to the correct people as next time you may have different results to contend with.

Glad to see your doing OK.

Dennis

The difference in data has to do with testing. Would not the lot of the powder make a difference? What about the firearm used in the testing? I got Loaddata. It's possible to get crazy on top loads for any caliber. Right, I double check with the powder makers web site. The data is not wrong, it's just different. It's up to me work up load without getting my butt blown into the bushes.

I do not know if I weighed in on this one.. from the pictures, this was a massive over pressure detonation. I have only seen 24 or 25 of these in the last 12 years. One of a few things could have happened.
#1, the wrong powder was used. Win 296 looks identical to Varget
#2, the powder decayed and turned into effectively Alliant Bullseye. I have seen this happen one too many times up in Montana
#3, a squib lodged itself a few inches down the barrel, the powder in the previous case did not burn, the next round lit off and the whole thing decayed from there.
From those pictures, these are the only three scenarios I could come up with that I have seen happen.

Man these scare me. I want a 6mm bad but because I have a 6.5 creed and so does my father and brother. I'll be going the .243 route. Less chance to get a 6.5 in a 6mm hole.

Did Normt send his rifle in yet? Quite a few forum members suggested he do that... l Checked Norm's profile and forum postings but no mention of a return... His last forum visit was this morning 2:00AM

I do not know if I weighed in on this one.. from the pictures, this was a massive over pressure detonation. I have only seen 24 or 25 of these in the last 12 years. One of a few things could have happened.
#1, the wrong powder was used. Win 296 looks identical to Varget
#2, the powder decayed and turned into effectively Alliant Bullseye. I have seen this happen one too many times up in Montana
#3, a squib lodged itself a few inches down the barrel, the powder in the previous case did not burn, the next round lit off and the whole thing decayed from there.
From those pictures, these are the only three scenarios I could come up with that I have seen happen.
Hey freddie do you know approx. shelf life on powder say in a metal cabinet in the ac year round say 72 degrees???