What binoculars and power are you all using for hunting and scouting in open country

I use a 10x-20x variable power "compact" monocular. with a 42mm objective.
My wife uses a 10x Swarovski and sees more critters than I can.

The best 8x or less that you can afford. Binos are the easiest high-end hunting gear to justify because I use them all year for lots of things besides hunting.

i use a pair of zeiss 10x42 nocks for spotting on a walk if not to far from truck to shooting setup a set of 25x bigeyes if need more than that to really see what is on their heads i use the nightforce 8-32 on top of the lapua!!

as Mike Mattison explained, using a tripod with binoculars is very important to steadying your hands for a better look. I have 10x's on my chest for close work but I carry a 18x binocular in my pack for scanning on a tripod with a Manfrotto geared panning head. It gives me a way to control looking across a view in small sections both vertically and horizontally. Granted, I have had to learn patience but the result has been seeing many more animals. Spot and stalk in open country is my go to...

I bought the Swaro binoculars and rangefinder from Doug at Camera Land NY. They were a shot show demo. I picked up the spotting scope and accessories from a member here, I was 2nd in line, the deal didn't finalize with the first guy that wanted them. I'd say I paid somewhere between 50% and 70% of brand new in the box price and they all were NIB quality.

Do yourself a favor and just get some 15x56 Swaros. You will see so much more and get more viewing time in the morning and evening. Like others have said, a good tripod is a must.

leica 10 x 42 with range finder, I resisted for years spending the money and had Bushnall and leupold which are OK but once you use Leica's you cant look through anything else, I suffer from migraines and head aches and with the cheaper ones I can only look through them for very short periods without getting headaches, the Leicas I can look through all day they are outstanding and well worth the money

Hello good people, I under stand A lot of the open country hunting and see A lot on t v about what you have to get understand ads. Just trying to understand what happened to hunting, growing up it was all about getting close to the game watching it and understanding it and the places I have hunted a good pair of 10- 42 or even 10- 50 are great if not for just counting the freckles 😊

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.