What binoculars and power are you all using for hunting and scouting in open country

This season I started using the Vortex Fury laser range finding binocular. So far I am very pleased. With a little shopping around you can find them for around $1000.

I have used a pair of Cabelas guide series binos for to years. Their glasses are as good as the Swarovski and ziess guys have had in my hunting groups. We were watching herds of elk in Colorado one year b4 daylight on a mountain probably 1 mile away, no one could see them through their binoculars.....i ended up taking my bino buddy off as they were WAY inside my personal space trying to see them when I had my bino buddy on. Apparently they weren't using some of the scent control products that are out there. Lol. Whew! I love my 10 x 50 Cabelas

For Colorado I've found that 10x42 on a light weight bino harness works best for me. For walking and spotting they are light enough to not weigh you down and the harness keeps them at the ready without a lot of movement. If I'm heading to a spot before the season to just spot I will pack both my binos and a spotting scope. Get the best you can afford.

vortex fury 5000 great bino's,I also use a spotting scope. the bino's are within your price range if you consider that you don't need a rangefinder.

8x32 Swarovski EL, and 10x42 El's. I also have a pair of Vortex 15x50's on a tripod. Love all three. I lucked out and snagged the Swarovski's for 60% of new on ebay. They were both store demos. The Vortex's were in the Cabela's bargain cave, brand new in the box for $300! I agree with the previous comment, spend as much on optics, or more, than you did for your rifle total. Premium optics are an investment! Make it! You will never regret it.

Weight not a concern: Vortex 10x42
Light weight: Vivitar 8×24
Both excellent glass for the money ($150/$0- came with car purchase)
Can see clearly hundreds of yards past the distance I would consider safe shooting.
The Vivitar are beat from 18 years of heavy use, though still crystal clear.

What brand binoculars and power are you all using for hunting and scouting in open country for under a $1,000
I like the 10x42 swaro for a good all around bino. I also have some 8x32 swaro. I have used vortex, Leupold, sig in the less than 1000 range and they are not half as good as the swaro and Leica I have experience with. For under 1000 consider the nikons they may be 75% as good as the SLC level of binos. There is no glass under $1000 that can run with the 1200-1800 class binos. So take a look through the new swaro NL to understand where the top bar is. When you compare side by side in like conditions you may understand why the swaro SLC or Leica are a great value when compared to the best and the economy class glass. A few vendors are selling demo models occasionally.

Last year I moved to Vortex Kaibab 18x56 on a monopod for all of my longer range glassing and I love it. Being on a monopod makes it stable yet easy to maneuver, plus its light weight. Then I carry Vortex Fury rangefinding binoculars in a harness for walking around and quick glassing.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.