What binoculars and power are you all using for hunting and scouting in open country

The best thing I did over the last five years was to ditch the budget minded glass that I was using and upgrade to much better glass listed below.
- Leica 10X24 HDB on the Chest
- Swaro 15X16 SLC on a Slik 833 Tripod with an Outdoorsman's stud adapter

yea, maybe it's time. I think those have had a great life and long run. they might be ready to be retired to your mantle with lots of memories attached.
Yeah, they date back to '83. I bought them when I was in HS at the Present Company in Rochester, NY. For some reason, I just wanted a pair of Binoculars. They used to come in handy at the beach for various reasons....

I would say the Trinovid 10x42 I got last year are a big improvement over the Stiener 10 x 42 predators I had been using

We use a set of Vortex 10x50s and a laser range-finding set of of Bushnell 10x42 fusions.
Vortex are half the cost, don't range and are half the cost for twice the glass.
Not sure of the model, they are out in the truck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts