What beverages ?

prohuntersmind

My favorite subject(next to Hunting is! )

What's everyone's favorite drink?

Been trying different brands of whisky and single barrel bourbons recently.
i just had some ROWAN'S CREEK small batch and it is very interesting!

As far as Beers go, i have been sampling some Local crafted beers and have been really impressed with LEFT HAND BREWING Company's products.

How 'bout ya'll ?

Got to liking Pineapple Bacardi. Smooth and mellow. Mixes with just about everything, so far. Even Dr Pepper ! Or, no mixer works too, as a pleasant sipper straight outta the bottle. Deschutes Brewery out of Oregon? Makes some really tasty beers. I like milk stouts, doesn't Left Hand make one ?

morning, 40 Creek boubon. taste like Crown Royal. costel volka, if u
can find wild turkey lacquer, Makers mark and George Dickel. Stir with ice.
have fun. GBOT TUM

Any of the Jefferson's small batch bourbons, Tullamore Dew, Blanton's, Knob Creek, and a mixed drink called a "Bee Sting": one part Tullamore Dew, one part Wild Turkey American Honey, one part water. Unless it has been a rough day at work, in which case the recipe is altered to 3 parts TD, 3 parts WTAH and f*** the water....

If one has to mix their bourbons with any sugary substance, I don't consider it drinkable.
Knob creek, Bookers are my main stays for the most part. Their are some others of small batches I prefer.
Just me, took me a long time. If I cut it with anything it is bottled water.

Beer, years ago of the bud light and coors era, there were few dark beers. Now with the craft beers I can't stand to drink them.
I have been on the coffee stouts as of late.
Sam Adams Octoberfest is a favorite. I also like Shiner family reunion, the mix of a twelve pack is nice.
Louisiana beer, Great Raft is out standing to my thoughts. Hard to get here at home.

Any of the Jefferson's small batch bourbons, Tullamore Dew, Blanton's, Knob Creek, and a mixed drink called a "Bee Sting": one part Tullamore Dew, one part Wild Turkey American Honey, one part water. Unless it has been a rough day at work, in which case the recipe is altered to 3 parts TD, 3 parts WTAH and f*** the water....
That dang water! Only takes up room in the glass !

Cuss the water, I have found for my palate that it can help me sort out some taste of the bourbon.

Anyone got a favorite "chiller". The little cubes or rounds you can keep in the freezer that don't melt but cool down a drink.

If it's bourbon it's knob creek, Jefferson reserve for special occasions.

If it's an average night famous grouse scotch, I can stomach cheap scotch better than cheap bourbon.

Somehow I made it 30 years without trying Jameson, since I did it became my go to at restaurants.

I have heard a lot about "Hennessey" is it any good ?
My wife and I picked up a bottle a year ago because one of my son-inlaws likes it and spoke highly of it. I will tell you what, it sure warms you up all the way down to the boiler room. But wasn't for us. We both like wild turkey american honey. that's a smooth sipping whiskey. ctw

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.