What base layers that offer Scent control:work best?

Patagonia R-1 are one of the best I've used. The waffle weave distributes your body temp to whereever it's needed and the zipper can be opened for ventilation. I always take two sets along for cold weather hunts.

Big fan of merino wool. Any brand and different weights of it. Not that I believe it helps much if any with game. For game play the wind. But I do believe it helps when I get back to camp with getting a hug and kiss from my wife. Also usually keeps me from getting kicked out of the pickup on our journey back to camp.🤔

Lets hear your opinions, im in the market for a light weight set.
I hunted with a bow exclusivly for about ten years, at least two times per week thru the bow season and into rifle season. I hunted exclusivly from the ground. I have never used a scent blocker of any kind. I just watch the wind. I have numerious shots at under ten feet and three "contact" shots where I had to pull the bow back to avoid hitting the deer. I have been stepped on, brushed by moving deer, and on one memorable occasion I crawled around after a doe in estrus for 30 minutes in an open field while she was busy trying to decide between me and two young bucks who were interested in her too.
For the last twenty years I have bow and rifle hunted from the ground. It is my opinion that you could, somehow, hide all your body odor and never hide the gun oil, boot treatment, and daypack stench you carry around with you.

I've tried most of the applied scent blockers and cover scents. Nothing works if the wind is against you. If you play the wind by the book you don't need anything. Based on my experience, I'd use a cover scent over a scent blocker
Also, be careful how you wash and store your clothes.

I use clothing with silver, although there are other materials that work the same.
Remember that you must still breath so perhaps an ozone gen would benefit you I'm addition

But there are fibers that are much less prone to stink than others. The best one is wool. I totally agree with your first sentence though. Nothing and I mean NOTHING fools their noses.
I use Silk as a Base liner. Keeps you very warm because it wicks moisture away from the skin. If you don't have Silk base and If your legs are prone to getting cold, try "Panty Hose". Just your size (don't borrow you wife's) so it doesn't fit too tight and constrict you blood flow. It works! Wash all this in Scent Control Detergent first.