What barrel for a sendero stock?

Nmm347

I have a sendero stock and a 700 action that needs a barrel. Other than a factory sendero barrel what contours will fit this stock? I would like to go with something a little lighter than a factory sendero. Is it just the area around the chamber I need to worry about, i.e. does it matter if there is a bunch of space between the barrel and the stock past the chamber? Thanks.

Any barrel with similar contour will fit. Each barrel maker has their own in house profiles or factory contour match.

The smaller the contour the more space between the stock and barrel OD past the shank.

Other than aesthetics, purely personal preference.

That being said, why go a smaller contour than factory in a stock that is already inletted for factory dimensions?

A Krieger 5+ contour can be fitted to look decent in that stock. It won't weigh much less but the balance will be a lot different. If you want something smaller, your best option is to trade stocks with someone.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.