What are your thoughts on this technique?

Anyone else see this running afoul of NFA rules? As soon as you pull a barrel off of the chamber section and leave the chamber section in the gun or return it to the gun, you've most definitely manufactured an SBR. ..............

These have been available for a few years. The chambers and the SBR issue has been discussed on Snipers Hide. They say it isn't an issue.

These have been available for a few years. The chambers and the SBR issue has been discussed on Snipers Hide. They say it isn't an issue.
who is "they"-- I'd only listen to the ATF on this matter, but then I'm not sure id listen to them either the way they change their minds;) ---now start with a bare action and you could call it a pistol and have no issues, but if you start with a rifle and disassemble for the action and there could be a problem if someone was to flaunt it

remember, youtube and beer --someone could get in trouble, but then again that would be the Darwins award right?

who is "they"-- I'd only listen to the ATF on this matter, but then I'm not sure id listen to them either the way they change their minds;) ---now start with a bare action and you could call it a pistol and have no issues, but if you start with a rifle and disassemble for the action and there could be a problem if someone was to flaunt it

remember, youtube and beer --someone could get in trouble, but then again that would be the Darwins award right?
"They" is the people that are making and selling them. They are made by BAT Machine and sold by Wolf Precision. I don't think BAT has addressed the question on Snipers Hide but Wolf Precision has.

"They" is the people that are making and selling them. They are made by BAT Machine and sold by Wolf Precision. I don't think BAT has addressed the question on Snipers Hide but Wolf Precision has.
"They" (BAT machine or wolf precision) dont make or enforce the rules -- kind of a moot point as most people are not going to flaunt an sbr, BUT like I said-- all it takes is 1 guy with a case of beer and an i-phone to post his new cool bolt action sbr on youtube and all bets are off

pretty sure that all those bump stock manufactures said that their products were "ATF approved" and fully legal ;)

OK-- just got more info on this system from the manufacture

1st off they do not sell barrels shorter than 16" due to SBR legality issues (sorry guys no pistol barrels at this time)
2nd-- they do not sell the chamber separately from the barrel at this time and it is NOT designed to be removed by the customer (so if you want a new barrel, it appears that you have to send in your chamber/barrel to get it re-barreled)
3rd-- they do not sell any other rifle action but Bat -- so no std rem700's or other aftermarket receivers
4th-- currently it appears that they only sell complete rifles and if you want a new chamber or barrel you must send it in to get it replaced (the email from them was a bit vague in this area)

hope that clears up any misconceptions about what it is they are actually selling and what it's intended use is --so it seems this is not a customer gunsmith-free switch barrel/switch chamber option

He mentions patents, so I'm assuming they did their due diligence with regard to atf issues. Don't see BAT allowing a liability nightmare into their company either. Give him a chance. Maybe he has something great here. I prefer to chamber the "old" way too, but time will tell.

OK-- just got more info on this system from the manufacture

1st off they do not sell barrels shorter than 16" due to SBR legality issues (sorry guys no pistol barrels at this time)
2nd-- they do not sell the chamber separately from the barrel at this time and it is NOT designed to be removed by the customer (so if you want a new barrel, it appears that you have to send in your chamber/barrel to get it re-barreled)
3rd-- they do not sell any other rifle action but Bat -- so no std rem700's or other aftermarket receivers
4th-- currently it appears that they only sell complete rifles and if you want a new chamber or barrel you must send it in to get it replaced (the email from them was a bit vague in this area)

hope that clears up any misconceptions about what it is they are actually selling and what it's intended use is --so it seems this is not a customer gunsmith-free switch barrel/switch chamber option

I got your email below Michael, Thank you for taking the time to ask.
Question about the ace system-- do you sell all length barrels? Including pistol length-- 2nd, would it be safe to shoot the ace system without a barrel attached to it? Thanks for your info, I'm thinking of building a rem700 pistol with your system

Here it is,
The system works because it works in cutting a straight throat without spyders. (I filmed and produced some of the videos for Gordy Gritters in his shop that he sells). This also allows the making of the chamber separate of the barrel, and a perfect chamber at that with no stacked tolerances. (less than .0002 across all surfaces).

The rifles are out there and speaking for themselves and that is the way I like it. I can yell anything with a bull horn, but in the end it is all about the rifles. That said here are some things we accomplished this year, we had one take 4th place for groups at the 1000 Yard Benchrest World Open at Williamsport. We have built for mil/government agencies multiple rifles and cut their groups from .80/1.2 to .2/.4 across all our rifles we sent them, every day and shooting there ammo.

I like to let the rifles speak for themselves as we grow and grow our custom base. But the nay sayers who say adding parts can't make anything better. If that was the case using the same logic, archery would still be a stick and a string with a notched wood shaft and a piece of flint tied to the end. How many parts make up a modern bow? How many parts make up just a modern arrow with a mechanical broadhead?

I am always available to talk and please always feel free to call if you have any questions. We are excited on all the new things the system is now being looked at for and used for. We have found a way to produce exceptionally accurate rifles in a system the is repeatable whether we make 1 or 100,000. They will all shoot predictably the same.

Thank you and hope all of you are well.

Jamie Dodson
Wolf Precision, Inc.
www.wolfprecision.net
814-262-7994

Attachments

• WPIAARWBFB 2.jpg
    WPIAARWBFB 2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I got your email below Michael, Thank you for taking the time to ask.
Question about the ace system-- do you sell all length barrels? Including pistol length-- 2nd, would it be safe to shoot the ace system without a barrel attached to it? Thanks for your info, I'm thinking of building a rem700 pistol with your system

Here it is,
The system works because it works in cutting a straight throat without spyders. (I filmed and produced some of the videos for Gordy Gritters in his shop that he sells). This also allows the making of the chamber separate of the barrel, and a perfect chamber at that with no stacked tolerances. (less than .0002 across all surfaces).

The rifles are out there and speaking for themselves and that is the way I like it. I can yell anything with a bull horn, but in the end it is all about the rifles. That said here are some things we accomplished this year, we had one take 4th place for groups at the 1000 yard world open at Williamsport. We have built for mil/government agencies multiple rifles and cut their groups from .80/1.2 to .2/.4 across all our rifles we sent the, every day and shooting there ammo.

I like to let the rifles speak for themselves as we grow and grow our custom base. But the nay sayers who say adding parts can't make anything better. If that was the case using the same logic, archery would still be a stick and a string with a notched wood shaft and a piece of flint tied to the end. How many parts make up a modern bow? How many parts make up just a modern arrow with a mechanical broadhead?

I am always available to talk and please alway feel free to call if you have any questions. We are excited on all the new things the system is being looked at and used for. We have found a way to produce exceptionally accurate rifles in a system the is repeatable whether we make 1 or 100,000. They will all shoot predictably the same.

Thank you and hope all of you are well.

Jamie Dodson
Wolf Precision, Inc.
www.wolfprecision.net
814-262-7994
There you go, straight from the horses mouth--
You got some "rough pricing" so guys know how much this new tech costs?

somebody is always trying to reinvent the wheel once it is round leave it the hell alone no need to recut corners on it

This is not new, I will not go to a lot of trouble when determining cost. In the old days Easton and Ackley built custom rifles. they had a few new ideals.

F. Guffey

My apology to JamieD for jumping without thinking. I thought this was early April Fools'. Now thinking about it a revolver is a very crude form of this. With cylinder alignment and throating that revolver can shoot pretty good.

Seems to me to be a whole lot of work to maybe fix a problem that doesn't exist. Seems to me to be way more thing that can be miss aligned. They can keep there patent, I certainly won't be wasting my time with this method.

maybe i misunderstand, but wouldn't you want your chamber to line up with your bore? the bullet comes out of the chamber into the bore, if your chamber was not in alignment with your bore wouldn't you then impart some sort of extra distortional side force to your bullet? also seems like he would now have more issues of machining/tolerance stacking

I can see the added benefit of having multiple length barrels for the same chamber, or different chambers for the same bore--- but wouldn't you still have to build separate loads for each length of barrel due to differences in harmonics and whip?

looks to have been around since at least 2016 http://www.thegunmag.com/patent-pending-chamber-system-offers-new-bolt-gun-technology/ --- make sure you check out the target pic lower in the article with factory ammo and form your own opinion
Those group sizes are nothing special. Seen way better with conventional barreled rifles.

Seems to me to be a whole lot of work to maybe fix a problem that doesn't exist. Seems to me to be way more thing that can be miss aligned. They can keep there patent, I certainly won't be wasting my time with this method.
I respect people that come up with new ideas. Considering you haven't had your hands on one, maybe you're missing something. I prefer to test things before shooting down the idea

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.