What are you smoking!?!?

Calvin45

Just thought I'd share an honest misunderstanding here

I told my wife I'm smoking a bunch of celery leaves today for an experiment.

It definitely took her a minute to realize I meant using my smoker to smoke and dehydrate celery leaf for culinary use. She
looked so confused and disgusted with me at first…nothing new 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway if I smell like burnt soup I guess it's cuz I've been lightin up too many celery cigars today!

Smoking celery…

Interesting, looking forward to the report.
What I'm actually up to is to smoke the leaves then crush it up with kosher or pickling salt and make smoked celery salt Sounds like the ultimate "make any chicken noodle soup better" additive. Or a good rimmer for caesers/bloody Mary's.

Might also experiment with blends. Mainly with adding hot chili pepper powder and MSG to it in small amounts.

MSG (mono sodium glutamate - buy it by the pound on Amazon) is not the evil it's made out to be. It makes all savoury things better. "Chinese restaurant syndrome" isn't real, or at least had nothing to do with MSG - no mystery really - a guy goes to a Chinese all you can eat buffet, eats 4 plates of deep fried food and white carbs drowned in soy sauce, then wonders why he feels like 💩 after…🤣🤣🤣🤣

smoke the leaves then crush it up with kosher or pickling salt and make smoked celery salt....... Now I'm really interested.

a good rimmer for caesers/bloody Mary's..............Now I'm extra really interestad.

I use smoke salt frequently, (Venison chili dog chili, corn on the cob...etc..) This celery sounds interesting. If it works out share the process/recipe please.

smoke the leaves then crush it up with kosher or pickling salt and make smoked celery salt....... Now I'm really interested.

a good rimmer for caesers/bloody Mary's..............Now I'm extra really interestad.

I use smoke salt frequently, (Venison chili dog chili, corn on the cob...etc..) This celery sounds interesting. If it works out share the process/recipe please.
Will do!

Recent Posts