what an evening!

leadchucker

Well to start I'm not a huge coyote hunter, kind of a take em as i see em coyote hunter.
Just never spent much time at it. Anyways neighbour phones and says he's having trouble with coyotes and his newborn calves and could i come over and thin some out. hmm...ok i guess i need to get a caller. Off to the local gun store and pick up a primos turbo dogg. get home grab my gear and im off. first stand get done my sequence and wait ten minutes....coyote barkiang 300yds ahead. lay a rodent squeal at him and he pokes his head out of the timber, boom down he goes. grab him and go. move over a couple sections and setup again. same cottontail sequence as stand 1......not even 3 minutes in and i have 2 coming at me full bore! got 1 missed one lol. finished sequence and waited....gave out a pup frenzy series and then a challenge and here comes #3..boom the swift speaks again! what a great evening, i think i'm hooked!!

2 from the second set.

Attachments

• 20150522_205848.jpg
    20150522_205848.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 98
How can you not be hooked with a first time out calling like that?! Sounds a lot like my first encounter with yotes and a call. Certainly hooked me. Congrats on the three dogs, keep it up!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.