What action for la mag

codym

I sold my 300 win mag to a friend (killed his first bull with at 770 yards so he "had to have it"). I'm thinking about building another, maybe in 30 nosler. Either way I'm trying to decide on an action. I have a bighorn tl3 with an aw cut and a 243 criterion barrel that is awesome. I'm thinking of going with the SR3 with the Wyatt box cut as I would like to keep this rifle a bdl setup. I like the savage prefits and shouldered prefits proof is offering but I'm stuck with Sammi chamber specks, I like longer throats for the vld type bullets. I will go with a manners EH1, would I just order the standard bdl inlet? Any other opinions or suggestions. This will be a lighter weight target hunter. Trying to be around 10 pounds with optics. Also thought about the Gunwerks grb action. Looks solid and would save me 800 bucks but not quite as refined as the SR3 and takes away the prefit options.

I sold my 300 win mag to a friend (killed his first bull with at 770 yards so he "had to have it"). I'm thinking about building another, maybe in 30 nosler. Either way I'm trying to decide on an action. I have a bighorn tl3 with an aw cut and a 243 criterion barrel that is awesome. I'm thinking of going with the SR3 with the Wyatt box cut as I would like to keep this rifle a bdl setup. I like the savage prefits and shouldered prefits proof is offering but I'm stuck with Sammi chamber specks, I like longer throats for the vld type bullets. I will go with a manners EH1, would I just order the standard bdl inlet? Any other opinions or suggestions. This will be a lighter weight target hunter. Trying to be around 10 pounds with optics. Also thought about the Gunwerks grb action. Looks solid and would save me 800 bucks but not quite as refined as the SR3 and takes away the prefit options.
I'm trying to find out info also on making a decision on the 300 win or 30 Nosler. I think I read that the Hawkins bdl hinged you had to call manners and verify for that inlet. In another article can't remember which concerning the 300 win PTG was making a reamer named after Chris Kyle. I don't know the throat dimension but they were high, I guess name recognition? The rough and finish were each 179? If I remember correctly. I have also been looking into the proof and the Bartlein #4 cf barrels. I would think with any of the actions you choose with Berger bullets a Wyatt box would be called for but as stated I have limited knowledge concerning Wyatt boxes and cuts and which barrels are best. I spoke to defiance and they seem to be pushing the Rukus for prefit barrels. I spoke to a builder in Texas and they only work with the deviant or the rebel action? Another action I looked into was the Impact but they are out. I will look at the Sr3. Thanks. There are people on this site that are very knowledgeable.

I'm trying to find out info also on making a decision on the 300 win or 30 Nosler. I think I read that the Hawkins bdl hinged you had to call manners and verify for that inlet. In another article can't remember which concerning the 300 win PTG was making a reamer named after Chris Kyle. I don't know the throat dimension but they were high, I guess name recognition? The rough and finish were each 179? If I remember correctly. I have also been looking into the proof and the Bartlein #4 cf barrels. I would think with any of the actions you choose with Berger bullets a Wyatt box would be called for but as stated I have limited knowledge concerning Wyatt boxes and cuts and which barrels are best. I spoke to defiance and they seem to be pushing the Rukus for prefit barrels. I spoke to a builder in Texas and they only work with the deviant or the rebel action? Another action I looked into was the Impact but they are out. I will look at the Sr3. Thanks. There are people on this site that are very knowledgeable.
Why not the good old .300 Weatherby? It has a long tradition of long range lethality.

Why not the good old .300 Weatherby? It has a long tradition of long range lethality.
I was considering another mark v nine lug in 300 mag . I got my 270 in 91 H series. Initially I had a trigger issue the bolt wouldn't release and I called for instructions on problem solving and some parts. The parts were the trigger spring and the roller pin sear lock along with a bottom screw cone shaped with the cone shaped star washer not the barrel screw. The people sent me a spring and the barrel bottom screw which wasn't correct. Then they said send the whole rifle in and we will fix it. They also said I could call Oklahoma I did I asked about getting bolt out to look at the issue they said send them the whole rifle. I removed the barrel action from the stock and lifted the bolt stop and out came the bolt. They could have told me that. So now I don't think so much about Weatherby. I like my Weatherby 270mag and load for it it is still very accurate in a aluminum block stock I got from Stockys. The trigger spring is compressed and was causing the bolt stop to not push up enough to release the bolt. I ended up ordering a Timney trigger. I will replace the spring in the original trigger housing and keep as a back up. Long winded to explain my disappointment with customer service.

I have been very happy with Defiance actions.
A young man at the range showed with two defiance rifles and an impact rifle I think he said 737? all had Bartlein barrels he proceeded to punch paper and literally one ragged hole on one defiance action the 28 nosler under half inch the impact action was a 6- creedmore It also was a ragged hole. It got my attention.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.