What about using computer spray duster as a barrel coolant

I use the USB portable power supply for mine and it is handy.
I like the mattress pump Idea and may go that way when mine goes bad.
We stand our rifles up at the range on/in a rack for cooling and safety and the little Chamber Cooler works fine and although it doesn't move as much air, seams to work fine so far. (And no batteries) . You can even use your phone for power in a pinch.

J E CUSTOM

I have a Milwaukee battery operated fan ( yeah kinda costly) for those somewhat warm days here in SW Florida. I stand the rifle up for the stove pipe effect and run the fan into the chamber and up the barrel. It works well. Probably cuts shooting time in 1/2. When I have electricity available I plug in an 18 inch fan and just let it blow over the barrel. Works even better. Always one shot and let it cool a few minutes.
I have to wonder how some of these little gadgets work? How much air can a tiny lithium battery move? No doubt better than nothing Im sure.

@Dosh Took your idea and it works great! I changed out the flex tube, because it sounds a bull elk bugling during puberty, to a clear 5/8OD tube! Fits in bolt action and AR.
diy barrel cooler.jpg

Great. Two things, with the flex tube the bugleing sound adds a higher curiosity factor at the range and if you gouge up the tube and fitting for grip, you can epoxy it well enough to stay together.

I have a Milwaukee battery operated fan ( yeah kinda costly) for those somewhat warm days here in SW Florida. I stand the rifle up for the stove pipe effect and run the fan into the chamber and up the barrel. It works well. Probably cuts shooting time in 1/2. When I have electricity available I plug in an 18 inch fan and just let it blow over the barrel. Works even better. Always one shot and let it cool a few minutes.
I have to wonder how some of these little gadgets work? How much air can a tiny lithium battery move? No doubt better than nothing Im sure.
I've been doing the same thing with my Ridgid battery fan. Works well.

I never get my rifle barrels hot. I also tailor my range time when it is cooler. The best I found to let the barrel cool down is to bring more rifles to shoot during wait times. The .22 LRs are best. :D

I use either a battery powered minnow bucket aerator or a air mattress inflater powered by your vehicles power outlet both work very and both are well under $20

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.