What about the donkeys?

Want to know who is at the heart of an important Wildlife CONSERVATION issue?

NO SURPRISE to me!

I don't eat, horse, donkey, dog, reptilians, amphibians, chicken, turkey and a few others. At the same time I know people have a problem with some of the things I do eat, like octapous and oyesters and crawfish to name a few. So, eat what you like, just wished governments kept out of it

In rural China I saw donkey on the menu. In South Africa zebra meat is prized, claimed to be the best tasting wild game in Africa. In Europe, from France and all the way to Asia, horse meat is considered a delicacy. I personally cannot bring my self to try any of those. Its a mental thing for me.
I did kill a large zebra and donated the meat. Yeah, mine was over 12'x8', layed on the floor, measured from tip of tail to tip of mouth and from end of one leg to end of the other. (you get 2 feet for tail and 2 feet for head alone)
I've been a professional horseman all of my life.....for me eating a horse meat is out. That would be like eating my favorite dog... or best friend.....
I know some people do, and thats fine for them, just not for me.

What? Are you irritated that I didn't include the inches and fractions of an inch or that I included the head/tail/legs in the measurement? Which childish thing is it?
Ah, I can see how this adds up if your going from the tip of the nose to the end of the back legs…I don't think we all got that impression and we're trying to image a 12 foot long zebra…

If you order a steak in southern Italy, you better specify beef, otherwise it's gonna be horse. Lean and tender, not too bad. A lot better than dog, it tends to be stringy and greasy. Ate that at a potlatch in an Athabascan village in Alaska.

In the good old days the game department used to regulate them. 1 a day if I recall.

The Wild Horse Act remains one of the biggest, and rapidly growing bad decisions.

Bag them all for pet food or steaks in the Orient, and Europe.

The government has tried a lot of things and nothing works except for a bullet. Now I like horses and donkeys. The land will only support so much. The two are not native to the land so they don't belong. I am not for killing all, some need to be left to roam. What do people think is done with horse or other that die of old age. They carted off for dog and cat food. There is donkey in Riverside county that are creating a fairly large problem and creating traffic accidents. I've seen the Horse in Nevada running wild. I have far more feeling for the wild game the for Horse, and Donkeys. I guess the best way is to put it. Stupid is., Stupid does. Just like Mex-ilfornia doesn't want to build dams to store water, so they are run out of water. I never seen so many dumb people in my life. There was a gal in New York that couldn't figure why cattle were being killed, because there is meat in the markets, so there no reason to kill cattle.

Recent Posts