What about Federal Premium Accubonds?

RugerHawg413

Has anyone shot or read about Federal Premium ammo using accubonds, as some of you know I am elk hunting later this year. I am using 7mm rem mag and saw the federal premium accubonds and they were a little cheaper than normal accubonds. Would you feel confident in using them to shoot elk, Yes or No? Thanks again!

Absolutely. I don't have statistics but I'm sure that many elk have been taken with 160 gr ABs. And in my experience they shoot very well out of the Federal Premium ammo.

Has anyone shot or read about Federal Premium ammo using accubonds, as some of you know I am elk hunting later this year. I am using 7mm rem mag and saw the federal premium accubonds and they were a little cheaper than normal accubonds. Would you feel confident in using them to shoot elk, Yes or No? Thanks again!
My experience with federal premium ammo has been awesome. Close to 1/2 - 3/4 MOA groups with all I have tried.

I have a hunting who swears by 160gr ABs out of his 7RM. No issues with any bulls and cows I've seen him shoot with it or packed out. They are great bullets around 3k FPS.

I have guided many hunters who have harvested many elk with them. They are great. I really see great results with Barnes as well.

I'm sure the AB will work. But I would highly recommend the Barnes mono as a bullet with far superior penetration & dependability . Factory loaded ammo very available. We have all been taking our elk with the Barnes mono ( reloads ) since 1994 with not one failure. Keep in mind you may not get a soft sided broadside rib cage shot. It is very likely you may get an acute angled shot from the rear or front. This type of shot requires a bullet to retain maximum weight to insure deep penetration. thru heavy dense muscle & "bone". In this type of shot I can't stress the dependability of the copper mono enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.