What about Burris "Black Diamond"?

CS,
Don't you wish that B&L Tactical was still on the market - sure like mine. Can even put up with the turning objective - great turrets and optics.
I am shooting the new Nikon Tacticals - they are going to be competition for existing stuff, have a trick or two up their sleeve.
Can't complain about Nightforce either, yesterday shot a 0.677" for five at 200 with a ROCK & the 3.5-15 x 50.

*WyoWhisper* -

Holy cow!!

(pause while R-WEST reaches for smelling salts)

$1,447.00 for the 8-32x56. Man, that's a sack of cash. Are the Nightforce scopes available only from them, or, can I find somebody like MidSouth or whatever, that will have a better price?

Are they THAT MUCH better than Leupold, Nikon, Burris, etc..?

R-WEST

grin.gif
Hi guys, I'm new here and quite the novice. I'll read alot more than I'll post but I feel that I have something to offer here. With regards to the B&L Tactical, It may have been reintroduced. I say may have b/c I don't know what the old one specifications were. That being said RIFLESCOPES.com has a Bushnell ELITE 3200 10x Tactical scope that is just new this year. Being that the Bushell ELITE series used to be B&L ELITE it might be the same one. It seems bargain basement compared to all the other scopes talked about here, it is listed at $189.99.
Howitzer

Howitzer...

>"With regards to the B&L Tactical, It may have been reintroduced. I say may have b/c I don't know what the old one specifications were. That being said RIFLESCOPES.com has a Bushnell ELITE 3200 10x Tactical scope that is just new this year. Being that the Bushell ELITE series used to be B&L ELITE it might be the same one. It seems bargain basement compared to all the other scopes talked about here, it is listed at $189.99."<

Not hardly, son... you can't get a good scope for $189 from anybody. The orginal B&L 10x Tac listed for $1895.00, and discounted for around $1,100... even when they were disco'ed, they were $899.

CatShooter.

Check out SWFA.com they have pretty good prices. Also try Bearbasin.

The nightforces are expensive yes... but VERY VERY GOOD...

Don't get me wrong... Burris makes a great scope!!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif
Catshooter: Thanks for setting me straight. Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Now I know. I'll try not to embarass myself anymore, for now anyway
grin.gif
. Happy Hunting.

Regards, Howitzer

Let me offer this...

I know that when it comes to buying things PRICE is definitly a deciding factor.

Somthing to remember when buying optics. Why spend $700, $800 or more on a good rifle then put a $200 scope on it.... I would much rather see someone buy a $500 rifle and put $800 scope on it. In the end everyone will br happier.

You need to put the best glass on it you can. I have a Burris signature I wil shoot on my new rifle until I can purchase a nightforce for it. I figure it will tkae a few months to save for one.

*WyoWhipser* -

Boyd keeps telling me to use the Leupold LR model as does Bobby Hart. I'm going to try one of them and go from there.

I see you're making more new friends over at 24hrcampfire
smile.gif
Do you think IIFID will be stopping by to visit you anytime soon?
grin.gif

R-WEST

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: R-WEST ]

R-West,
Yeah those PA boys like the Lupy's... I guess there they don't have the ruggedness of the BIG mountains we do here in the west. I can't fault them for wanting a soft scope...
wink.gif

You'll be happy with the Lupy.. it is a good scope.

Yeah I guees those boys on 24 hour arn't used to the real truth we speak here in the west or LRH, they like to hear only what they want to hear. In the end we ( LRH's ) are still there ans the trouble makers have silenced....

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.