What a nice day.

G

Hi,
I was just looking out my kitchen window, and saw 3 mulie does and 2 fork horns just over the back fence. That's about 75 yards from the window.
They turned and faced to the east, where about a hundred head of antilope (sp) were running across the valley at about 300 yards. the antilope stopped running, and the deer went back to browsing.
What a beautiful sight.
****, I'm glad I moved up here.
Just thought I would share this with you.

Have a great day.
C'ya. John.

I know the feeling.

I went out Saturday to look for some Javalina. Never did see any Javalina, but I did see 3 groups of coyotes, two herds of 15 Antelope and three herds of 30+ Mule deer ( Plus one group of 22 illegal migrants )

It's a wonderful thing to be in the mountains at sunrise, and not another soul in sight.

Gee Thanks for makin me miss the West even more!! I had to move back here to Oklahoma a coupl'a years ago and haven't stopped kickin myself yet. No muleys,no elk, no antelope, no mountains, not very many places to shoot.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Hello John

Looking out my back window, I see 4 deer feeding right now in this cold wet rain we are having in Driftwood, PA.

Normally there are a few elk out there too, but not today. Yes, for those who don't know, there are elk in Pennsylvania and quite a few of them. Enough to have a hunting season on them the last two years.

This area (North Central PA) is the closest thing to being out west I have ever seen and can relate it to the area we hunt in Colorado every year.

If your near the Bighorn range, your in a great place. I saw some HUGE bucks there many years ago.

I guess I'll just have to "suffer" here and wait for the Williamsport 1000 yd club to open it's doors for shooting this season.
You know the place.
Still shooting your 6.5/300 Weatherby's?

Later
Darryl Cassel
wink.gif
wink.gif

Hi,
For those of you who were wondering, Hanna is located about 75 miles west of Laramie, and about 45 miles east of Rawlins. It's 13 miles north of I-80, at the Elk Mountain exit.
One of the things I shoot is a Savage in 300 RUM.
Right now, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up, Just like everyone else around here. The weather service is calling for snow for the next 4 days, with a weather advisory.

Good shooting.
C'ya. John.

Almost 30 degrees and nice out, but I don't see any whitetail, mulies or elk out my window yet!
grin.gif

Maybe someday they'll migrate this way. You all can help speed the process up a bit and sneak some up in your luggage and horse trailers when you come, whatever it takes!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Bring some wild turkeys too!
wink.gif

We've had up to ten whitetail feeding 10 yards from my deck every night for the last few weeks - at least since I started putting the feed out.
smile.gif
They always cruise through at night, but now that we are feeding them, they show up regular during daylight hours, and my two boys are loving it. I keep having to explain to them why we can't shoot and eat one though....
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I guess since you all are having such a nice day from coast to coast and everywhere between could you list the dates for the hunting seasons in your area. Then maybe we all could have a nice day also.

DC I get the point but, I really didn't know
shocked.gif

Brent we don't have to many critters down this way that could handle your weather
grin.gif

Hi,DC,
Yes, you do have the wrong guy in mind.
My last name is Peer, and I've never shot BR. I can guarantee that we have never been introduced.
Have a really GREAT day.
C'ya. John.

Hello John

I got your sign in name mixed up with a fellow that used to shoot at Williamsport 1000 yd matches. He still likes his 6.5/300 Weatherbys and he moved to Wyoming several years ago.

Sorry for the mix up.

Later
DC
smile.gif

John,

I gotta chime in on this one.. ISN"T living in WYO. great!!!!???

aside from the deep freeze we are in right now ( -3 was our high yesterday !!)

I too have the pleasure of watching the Mulies coe down every evening to feed with our horses.... we have a regular group of about 25-30 with a couple of nice bucks in the group.. 2 of them have shed the antlers which we snatched up asap... not sure what to do with them....

around our house it is like cocktail hour when the deer come down.. you can set a watch to it.. we feed at 4:30 p.m. and about 10 min. after we come inside you can see them coming off the foothills... time to go grab a coacktail and watch....
it is interesting to see how they interact with our horses especially the yearlings... they have become so used to each other that there is a pecking order not only with the horses but with the deer and the horses..!!

Yeah I too am **** gald I moved "out" here.....
grin.gif
wink.gif

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

Fun.. Fun he says.. My friend, we are gonna redefine the meaning of fun....!!! I am working on the overview for ya right now...

Steve and Chip musta called me 20 times on cell phone on the way home to talk about the hunts this coming fall!!!

I'm home safe, but in a deep deep freeze......-4 for the high today!!!!

talk to ya soon buddy!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.