What 7 to build ?

300RUM, 224 Valkyrie, 7STW, 6mm, 6.5. your choices are through the roof. 6.5 Grendel, 300wm, 300wsm, 300SAUM, 308.

As for barrels, I'd go with a Benchmark or Blackhole Weaponry. Both NW barrel makers. Washington and Oregon.

The 224 Valkyrie was developed by Federal and is super sonic to 1300 yards. I believe it's the Sierra Match King 90 grain that's the cartridge. They have 2 or 3 other lesser grain cartridges too... It's an AR 15 platform.

Sure, But he stated he had considered a .280AI early on & was told he had to go with a .404 Jeffery based superboomer.
He kind of does... The feed rails will be way too open to feed a .473" bolt face cartridge. He could go with a belted magnum, but nothing smaller without some serious work involved, which wouldn't be worth the money invested. He could just buy another action or donor rifle in 270 or 30-06 and build a .280 AI cheaper than trying to mod the current one.

The 224 Valkyrie was developed by Federal and is super sonic to 1300 yards. I believe it's the Sierra Match King 90 grain that's the cartridge. They have 2 or 3 other lesser grain cartridges too... It's an AR 15 platform.
No I completely know what the .224 V is, just couldn't see how it fits in the 7mm cartridge group ? If it's an LR target gun, the 7mm heavies are tough to beat without getting into 338 bullets. Certainly the .224 bullets are in a way different league. For a Big Game gun, the .224 isn't even in the same continent. I guess that's why I thru the ??? At the .224 Valkyrie.

No I completely know what the .224 V is, just couldn't see how it fits in the 7mm cartridge group ? If it's an LR target gun, the 7mm heavies are tough to beat without getting into 338 bullets. Certainly the .224 bullets are in a way different league. For a Big Game gun, the .224 isn't even in the same continent. I guess that's why I thru the ??? At the .224 Valkyrie.

I was putting that in there as a target gun only and not for hunting......

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts