What 34 mm rings would you folks suggest that won't require a bank loan, but are still reliable.

Yeah, I'm sort of a Talley fan too. I put Talleys on my Dad's 270 WSM for him and Talleys on my 6.5 Creedmoor and a Tikka rimfire. But I thought for 34 mm and a big heavy scope, I might want to try something beefier.

The Burris XTR Signature (https://www.burrisoptics.com/mounting-systems/rings/xtr-signature-rings) with position-alignment inserts does not require lapping and can provide up to 40 MOA of cant.
Burris xtr was my initial leaning also. I have had solid holding with 30mm Signature Inserts on another rifle.
But I was scared off of the Burris XTR signatures by another member on this forum who tried to mount the exact same scope that I have here with their 34 mm rings and he had lots of trouble. he mentioned that the inserts were too malleable or or compressed too easily and so they may have been defective.
On a Poor Man's budget, I got both the scope at about half price because it was blemished and I got the Wheeler rings also for 50 bucks.
IMG_20200923_120506064_HDR.jpg

The Wheeler mount has 20 MOA. don't know if I really need that on such a intermediate range rifle, (30-06) but I suppose I can use them anyway.

This goes against everything I know but a guy that places well in local competitions around here uses UTG Pro rings and hasn't had any issues. I grabbed a set for my 22LR comp rifle that has a 5-25 Strike Eagle on it and so far works as promised. I know a 22 isn't a great test but based on how this local guy shoots I may have to give them a test on a big boy rifle.

This goes against everything I know but a guy that places well in local competitions around here uses UTG Pro rings and hasn't had any issues. I grabbed a set for my 22LR comp rifle that has a 5-25 Strike Eagle on it and so far works as promised. I know a 22 isn't a great test but based on how this local guy shoots I may have to give them a test on a big boy rifle.
I use utg rings and also hawk rings on my 22s. They are both reliable.

I got these 34mm rings for a couple of my Cabela's Covenant 7 scopes. They seem to work just fine but have only got about 60 rounds through the 270 and 6.5 PRC they are mounted in.

Wheeler
81Mbv4EHBCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.