What 17 HMR is everyone shooting?

It's a Savage 93r17 with the acutrigger. It shoots great for about 250 rounds, then the groups start to open up. Light cleaning of 3 or 4 strokes with a bore snake and it's shooting again.

You can't go wrong with the CZ 457 VARMINT with the Bull Barrel and a 8 OZ Timney trigger. I've been shooting mine at 235 yards on 6X8 inch targets and smoke them. I have found that the CCI VNT ammo shoots best, The Game point is still another accurate round at that distance.
On another note, I used my Savage 93R17, before I got my CZ and I was shooting P Dogs at 200 yards with great results.. But I had a major falling out with Savage on the A-17 I purchased new and they had the gun in their hands longer than I did. After the third warranty repairs back and forth, I traded it off for a Jon Boat and that is when I got the CZ 457. I might add, That I also have the CZ457 MTR in the .22 cal and it too shoots the targets at 235 yard. I was using the S&K ammo match, and then I found the NORMA TAC shot just as good and consistent as the higher priced stuff!

Both of mine are finicky with the ammo. One shoots the Hornady V-Max fantastic and the other will only shoot the CCI with the hollow points.
You bring up "the meat & potatoes" of shooting which I find so interesting & have witnessed many times myself. I've seen 2 identical pistols & rifles, one of each liking THIS ammo while the other hates it & prefers THAT ammo. Oftentimes it's not just about the accuracy but how the two ammos may load or eject as well. Thanks for your info.

You can't go wrong with the CZ 457 VARMINT with the Bull Barrel and a 8 OZ Timney trigger. I've been shooting mine at 235 yards on 6X8 inch targets and smoke them. I have found that the CCI VNT ammo shoots best, The Game point is still another accurate round at that distance.
On another note, I used my Savage 93R17, before I got my CZ and I was shooting P Dogs at 200 yards with great results.. But I had a major falling out with Savage on the A-17 I purchased new and they had the gun in their hands longer than I did. After the third warranty repairs back and forth, I traded it off for a Jon Boat and that is when I got the CZ 457. I might add, That I also have the CZ457 MTR in the .22 cal and it too shoots the targets at 235 yard. I was using the S&K ammo match, and then I found the NORMA TAC shot just as good and consistent as the higher priced stuff!
If I may, what magnification are you using to "smoke " 6X8 targets at 235 yards with a 17HMR? My scope only goes to 7X and the chances of my hitting a target that size at that range with my Savage 93R17 are just about.....nil. When you throw in the inherent lot to lot and sometimes round to round ammo variability, bullet drop, then add in any wind at all, I just don`t see how you guys do it, certainly with any consistency. The again, it`s probably just my envy showing through!! LOL!

What I think I`ll do is go on You Tube and see how many videos I can find of guys " putting 5 inside of a quarter at 300 yards.....all day long!! " , or something similar. Should be an interesting search!

CZ 455 American. My boys and I love that gun. Especially now that its threaded for can. Quiet and no recoil so you can see hits in the scope. Lots of fun. My wife killed a jackrabbit at 206 which was fun to see. Very accurate with the vmax ammo.

Cz 455 17 hmr in a manners t4 stock with the following work done:
Bolt body polished and deburred
Striker polished and deburred
Custom striker spring
Custom bolt handle
Upgraded 12.9 grade hex action screws
Lilja .900\" straight barrel threaded 1/2-28
Pillar and glass bedded
Bolt guide Polished
Extraction tuned
Rifle basix trigger

It's a shooter

I have a CZ452 which I love. It test my skills as it is so accurate. If I miss or shoot a group too large, it is MY fault. I found some Hornady ammo mine loves, and I was able to secure a few cases from the same lot. It was very hard to spend the money, as well as pay the intrest on my charge card. But boy I am happy I did.

I agree that regular cleaning is required, I use Hoppe's No.9 Benchrest Solvent. Small bores and high velocities seem to always require more care. My .32 caliber black powder rifle requires much more frequent cleaning than my .50 cal. does.

I've always found that most rimfires don't require as much cleaning as centerfires. I had another Savage 93r17 with a stainless barrel. Bought it from a friend that couldn't get it to shoot well. First thing I did was a good cleaning and cleaned the older one while I was at it. Older one with the blued barrel went to crap. It liked to be a little dirty. Stainless liked to be clean. Found out it wasn't fitting in the stock right. After a little work, I got it to shooting, then sold it to fund another project.

I know that this post is about 17HMR and I already put a post up. I see some members looking at the .22.
We have a TC .22 Classic and it's a tack driver. I refinished the stock and it is now a SAFE QUEEN.
We bought Jills dad a 10/22 Special Edition years ago and he never used it. He gave it back to us and we were at the range this weekend. I only changed the trigger out. I want to take the front site off and re-crown the barrel, I am going to change the Mag Release, Bolt Handle and Bolt Plate. Plus put a nice Leupold 22 Mag 3-9 scope.
Well Jill was shooting Quarter/Dime size plates at 75 yards with an inexpensive scope and Federal 325 in a Box ammo and hit every time.
Can't wait to put a new scope on it, cut the barrel, maybe put a Chassis on it and some Match ammo. Will be good for at least 200yds.
Good competition for the 17HMR.

@Coyote Shadow Tracker What is the "bolt plate" that you're swapping?

Just not too many $$$ and you can upgrade you 10/22 as long as it has a good barrel. The Ruger "BX" Trigger upgrade is the most well spent money for accuracy. Out of all the Trigger upgrades the "BX" is the Best spent $$ besides the Volquartsen and for 1/4th the price. We did four upgrades on 10/22s for friends and big improvement on their 22s.
The rest is just for convivence.

It is an Auto Release Plate
They have them on Amazon. Also look at the Extended Bolt Handel and Mag Release for a few $$ more and easier operation.

Amazon product ASIN B07GSLSHK3
Amazon product ASIN B07GRG4NBD
Amazon product ASIN B09BW3ZG2M
Thanks
Len & Jill

Recent Posts