What 17 cal for new build

Yeh, when I am talking about fouling I am talking high volume shooting like you do on PDs, gophers etc, not 10 or 15 rounds. A 17FB you can typically shoot 150-200 rounds before you need to clean, the 17 Rem maybe 30-40 before you lose minute of gopher. When I lived in Calgary I was shooting 15-25,000 rounds of center fire a year at field vermin, so a meteric ton of ammo, barrel life etc may be just a bit of a quantum difference to the two of us.
I understand, I didn't take mine out to the prairie dog or sage rat fields.

Yes those are good bullets, These are made buy the guy that bought all the equipment from Todd Kindler who made the 30gr Kindler Golds back in the day.
last I heard is that Todd's equipment is collecting dust, no longer making bullets. Just FYI...I think Chan is the last bullet maker that is making 30 gr. .17 cal. bullets.

last I heard is that Todd's equipment is collecting dust, no longer making bullets. Just FYI...I think Chan is the last bullet maker that is making 30 gr. .17 cal. bullets.
It could be possible, it was a couple of years ago since I bought any from him. I hope he didn't stop because they were great bullets.

17-223 Improved 1-10", 30gr Chan Nagel.very impressive combination.
It might be a long shot, back "many years ago" when I was working on a wildcat, the .22 GTO based on a shortened .30 Remington case necked down to .224 cal that would fit in an AR15 mag and shoot a heavier bullet NwCP made me up some 85gr HP BT's and 90gr flat-base HP's way before the 80 + and 90-grain bullets were popular for the AR15 platform or bolt rifles for that matter. Anyway, they made them up to my spec's and they worked quite well, the company I used was Northwest Custom Projectile. P.O. Box 127 Butte, MT 59703 (406) 723-8683 www.customprojectile.com They were great folks to work with and did a bang-up job on my bullet request, at a very fair price as I recall. Perhaps they might take a look at the 30gr .172 cal bullet request, you never know. Just my 0.2 Cheers

We sub caliber Shooters are the minority it seems as the big name manufacturers have all but abandoned us. Berger was the last to pull their .17 cal 30gr offering and their .20 cal 50gr offering.

I get they are going to devote mote of their efforts to the bigger popular calibers but a yearly run would keep us in supply and potentially make the sub calibers more popular when there isn't availability on the bigger popular calibers.

There was a rumor that Sierra was going to offer a .17 cal 30gr SBK but it is supposedly on hold.

The custom bullet makes are few and far between. When they quit making the specialty offerings, I am really afraid the sub calibers will struggle.

I am a coyote hunter and the .17 cal and .20 cal are my top picks for getting the job done and not destroying hides.

Montana mize had todd kindlers dies unfortunately he isnt in business anymore and honestly he was too high on what bullets he did make with them. I am shooting a 30 gr bullet by donald unmussig in a 17 tac and they are as good as the old kindlers. Just ordered 400 more about a month ago. Also ordered 100 38 gr 20 cal bullets to try in my new 20 tac. Hard to beat a 17 cal rifle but in my opinion you need a good bullet for them to shine.

Good luck with reeds. Long thread at saubier months ago. Last i heard was he was out of jackets to make 17's., not including charging people and them having to wait for months on end, some people never got their bullets.

I've never had any luck getting blackhole ether. Called a few times and was told to call back.

I hope someone comes around and takes this opportunity on or our loved little sub cal is going to seriously struggle.

Isn't Nagel still making 30 gr. .17 cal bullets. It's been two winters since I bought some and he was only selling 200 at a time, but his bullets are as good as any of them.