What’s your opinion on international barrels or pva barrels?

Jpron

Looking at buying one, don't know anyone who has one. What's your thoughts on them? Probably a 6mm creedmoor

I don't have either but I'm sure someone will be along in a bit that has owned one. I did do some searching for feedback on pva barrels because I almost bought one but went another route. There were plenty of people who had success with the pva barrels. I did find a few people who had been waiting for a long time past quoted date to get their barrel.

Ryan at IBI is a top notch individual and national champion shooter. I really admire his attention to detail in the materials selection and thermal processing. I only have one 30cal barrel from him so far, but it definitely won't be the last.

I believe @Canhunter35 has a 6bra IBI that shoots pretty well.

My last IBI was on a cheap savage build in 280 AI. Shoots very good. I will be doing another 280 AI with one of their carbon barrels on a Tenacity. My friend has been running IBI barrels for F class the last few years. Hasn't had a bad one yet. His 284 win and 6 dasher barrels shoot some unbelievable groups/scores. Not sure what shipping costs to the states. But for me here in Canada it makes sense to go with IBI. Wait times and prices are good. Plus no import costs.

Great experience with my 6.5 PRC barrel from PVA. It's a rock creek #2 and shoots lights out with pretty much anything I feed it.

Definitely recommend ibi, Ryan is great to deal with. This is two different loads in my 6bra at 600yds. M24 ibi barrel

898FCC47-ECC9-45C7-8AC5-7D7583FA495F.jpeg

Which Action are you using OP?

IBI listed prefits are Rem, Sav, Tikka and Ruger. I've never used IBI so I can only go by what I see and they do not list other actions. If you're using one of those actions then why not try IBI.

PVA does list prefits for multiple actions and I am a customer. I have a 7SAUM screwed in to a Curtis Axiom that has been fantastic. I went back to PVA to have them do the 338 SS for my Bighorn Origin. I also have one of their muzzle breaks, I have nothing but good things to say about PVA.

I have a Bartlein in 6.5CM that was turned by Bugholes and they are also good to work with. Not on your list I know, just adding who I have worked with

I have 3 IBI barrels, the first two shoot very well, I just picked up the 3rd last week but so far it looks good too. Two were chambered/fitted by IBI, a 6.5cm and a 6 dasher. Both are capable of 10 shots into around an 1 1/2" at 300y, which has become my personal standard for accuracy,
The newest barrel is a 22lr on a rimfire prs rig. it is showing promise but I only had a few rounds of decent ammo on hand. Hopefully some eley and sk shows up next week and I can give it a good test.

Which Action are you using OP?

IBI listed prefits are Rem, Sav, Tikka and Ruger. I've never used IBI so I can only go by what I see and they do not list other actions. If you're using one of those actions then why not try IBI.

PVA does list prefits for multiple actions and I am a customer. I have a 7SAUM screwed in to a Curtis Axiom that has been fantastic. I went back to PVA to have them do the 338 SS for my Bighorn Origin. I also have one of their muzzle breaks, I have nothing but good things to say about PVA.

I have a Bartlein in 6.5CM that was turned by Bugholes and they are also good to work with. Not on your list I know, just adding who I have worked with
I'd Probably go with a tikka. I've had great luck so far with with xcaliber barrels but I'd need the barrel before the wait time. Both companies I mentioned, I can find them ready to ship. At least the pva website says that, but than also says lead time 6-8 weeks. I tried emailing them last week with no response. I'd rather go pva just because the ib I found is threaded and I really don't want that. I'm not sure which is the best route

A Tikka, room in the magazine to run them long is what I keep reading. I have never owned one but a good choice no doubt about it.

PVA has always been good about answering the phone for me.

Have a PVA in bull configuration, 6mm Norma Dasher, cut rifling on a Savage Target Acton. Have same rifle with a Krieger bull barrel , and with similar loads, the accuracy of both depends on how I hold my mouth...they both shoot exceptionally well, honestly can't give the advantage to either... rsbhunter

Purchased a m24 contour PVA 6.5CM prefit barrel for a Tikka action. I sent the action and barrel to them so they could cut the barrel off after attempting to remove the barrel with brute force. Stopped trying before marring the action
I'm very happy with the barrel.