What’s your opinion here?

Excellent notion for sure. So, what if you were the 'black sheep' (so to speak) of the family and the ONLY one who was into firearms and such?
Its inherited. It has value; sentimental, market, or both. Proceed according to your value(s). If someone else in the family doesn't like your values, too bad for them. It goes something like; "you do you..."

I am in the same spot as well as trying to figure out what will come of my guns. I'm 62 and have a lot of guns. I guess I'm going to start selling. I have some that have been passed to me that I will never sell and they will be passed to someone else to figure out what to do with. Some have been in the family for five generations. It is really hard because I have special memories that go along with almost all my guns. What to do? I've been collecting them all my life it's hard to get rid of them. I sure don't want my wife to sell them for what she thinks they are worth or have some guy come give her what he thinks they are worth.
I can relate all to well. We have two children with families, no interest in firearms. None of mine are family guns, we never had them at all growing up until I went to college a couple of miles from were we now live. I do not have a big collection some are "desirable" from that I can tell

If someone else in the family doesn't like your values, too bad for them.
That's pretty much how I've been my entire life thus far.....which is probably one of the many reasons I'm the 'black sheep'. 🤣

This is why I carry a gun every where I go
I do, too. Five days a week/8 hrs per day. Kinda tired of having to do that actually. 😐

I do, too. Five days a week/8 hrs per day. Kinda tired of having to do that actually. 😐
Its the world we live in. You and I didn't make it this way. But we sure have to navigate through the violent, narcissistic wackadoo's that seek to pervert our society with their perpetual crimes against humanity.

Thank you for your service.

Its the world we live in. You and I didn't make it this way. But we sure have to navigate through the violent, narcissistic wackadoo's that seek to pervert our society with their perpetual crimes against humanity.
Truer words were never spoken!

Thank you for your service.
You're welcome, Sir. The service has been my privilege as well as my duty. 👍

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.