What’s your opinion here?

It's a 1913 with the box! Keep it! Please!
Smith & Wesson model 49 with the box/factory paperwork/cleaning kit.

8243C9A2-F391-4C8E-B643-B6EACF775496.jpeg

Glad you put a picture up since I couldn't remember which one it was. Great and practical gun! I like the lightweight 442, but that one is a great one also. Honestly I would keep and use it. Great for a wife or daughter as well. I understand that it worth more in pristine condition but an average one is only bringing about $125 less. I know most leo and other folks carry baby blocks and such for concealment and back-up. I still think a snub 38 is as good as it gets for slipping in a pocket. Try firing a semi through a junk coat pocket and see how well it works after the first shot! Out walking in snake country? Make the first one or two rounds snake shot. Try that with a semi! yep I am old school,but most importantly I believe in using things that work! Put it to work and don't worry about it depreciating $125!-- If you don't already have a snub 38 in use them you will get your monies worth! for regular carry I carry a semi,but I still am always grabbing a snub on a regular basis.

Glad you put a picture up since I couldn't remember which one it was. Great and practical gun! I like the lightweight 442, but that one is a great one also. Honestly I would keep and use it. Great for a wife or daughter as well.
Well, I hesitated to upload that for fear that it would be seen as me 'advertising' it. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't want ANYTHING to do with a firearm for reasons that I will not make known on this thread. However, passing it on to a daughter might be a viable option. Will have to wait another 14 years to see if that will happen, however. 😁

I'd definitely keep it in the family and pass it down. If no other black sheep's then I'd make sure I find it a good home with some one close to me.

Luckily I do have family members that shoot and hunt with me so there's someone to pass down guns to.

Stay safe

Brand new unused items don't have as much sentimental value to me at least vs something they used so much they nearly or have worn it out. Ultimately there's no certain way u should feel, if u don't have any attachment it doesn't matter

In the future, you may find you are no longer the black sheep about guns.

Personally, when I gave someone a gift of a firearm and later learned they had sold or traded it, their lack of appreciation caused me to be a little hurt. I was raised to never turn down a gift nor reject it afterwards. Just me, but I have not passed away...yet.

I'd definitely keep it in the family and pass it down. If no other black sheep's then I'd make sure I find it a good home with some one close to me.

Luckily I do have family members that shoot and hunt with me so there's someone to pass down guns to.

Stay safe

Will consider it strongly. My youngest daughter (7 years old) might be a candidate. She likes to see deer on the hoof.....but not so much when they're hanging from a gambrel and turned inside out. 🤣 You're certainly lucky to have family members to hunt with. At first, hunting/shooting by myself was great therapy for me and provided a means for me to 'get away from it all'. Something has changed about that now and it would be a better experience if some 'company' was involved. Hey, at least I've got this forum.;) Thanks for your input.

In the future, you may find you are no longer the black sheep about guns.

Personally, when I gave someone a gift of a firearm and later learned they had sold or traded it, their lack of appreciation caused me to be a little hurt.
Very true. Things change over the years THATS for certain. I gave my oldest daughter a little .410 shotgun once for Christmas. She seemed excited at first, but quickly lost interest. Not too long ago I bought her a Glock 44 so she could 'plink' with me when I was shooting my Browning Buck Mark. She seemed REALLY excited about that.......and then quickly lost interest......again. :confused:

Will consider it strongly. My youngest daughter (7 years old) might be a candidate. She likes to see deer on the hoof.....but not so much when they're hanging from a gambrel and turned inside out. 🤣 You're certainly lucky to have family members to hunt with. At first, hunting/shooting by myself was great therapy for me and provided a means for me to 'get away from it all'. Something has changed about that now and it would be a better experience if some 'company' was involved. Hey, at least I've got this forum.;) Thanks for your input.

I've seen kids turn away at the sight of a dead animal only to come back later on in life once they fully understand what we do and become hunters.

In my experience women will have more feelings for an animal, it's in their nature and that one of the reason we love them. My wife gets sentimental when she kills a deer or javelina, but trust me, when those ribs come of the grill she is full of joy, Lol

There's still hope Sir.

I could never part with any of my father's guns. My father left them to me because he felt my older brother would sell them the first time he got into a financial pinch. Smart man as that seemed to always be the case, but I never felt right about keeping two guns that my brother used exclusively growing up. A few years after my father passed away, I gave my brother "his" sporterized 1903A3 and Winchester model 12 16 gauge. I got the model 12 back shortly before he passed from cancer in 2014. He told me he had loaned the the 03 to his step-grandson and that he would get it back. After getting to know this 17 year old young man him and kiwi guy that he spent several hours each day sitting with my brother after his diagnosis, I told my brother that the rifle was in the hands of a good man and should stay right where it was.

After getting to know this 17 year old young man him and kiwi guy that he spent several hours each day sitting with my brother after his diagnosis, I told my brother that the rifle was in the hands of a good man and should stay right where it was.
Sounds like you made a good call there, Sir. Bravo! 👍

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.