What’s your favourite hunting arrow?

I have been shooting Easton Axis for quite a few years. Total weight around 450-475 with a stainless GT outsert. Have been very happy with them, next batch will be done with the hit's tho.

Easton Hexx 330s with 75 grain brass inserts and 100 grain German Kinetics (the old original from Germany). 435 grains total.....

Right now I'm using GT Kinetic XT 200's at 30" with HIT's, Bohning A-nocks, and Q2i Fusion Xii 2.1" vanes.......total weight 532gr, out of a PSE Freak SP at 70lbs and 32 1/2" draw at 289fps.

But I also have Axis 300's with HIT's at 494gr, Black Eagle Rampage 250's with HIT's at 484gr, and Trophy Ridge Crush 300's with HIT's at 500gr.

The TR Crush 300's are BY FAR the most durable arrow shafts I've used, and I've tried a bunch of them.

Right now I'm using GT Kinetic XT 200's at 30" with HIT's, Bohning A-nocks, and Q2i Fusion Xii 2.1" vanes.......total weight 532gr, out of a PSE Freak SP at 70lbs and 32 1/2" draw at 289fps.

But I also have Axis 300's with HIT's at 494gr, Black Eagle Rampage 250's with HIT's at 484gr, and Trophy Ridge Crush 300's with HIT's at 500gr.

The TR Crush 300's are BY FAR the most durable arrow shafts I've used, and I've tried a bunch of them.
**** I wish I had a longer draw legnth!

I shoot Black Eagle micro, 230 tip weight, total weight 510.
I shoot gold tips with same head weight. Total weight similar. My adult son was looking at my arrows with the Grizzly/Wolverine heads and stated they looked kinda "primal". I said they were heavy, and he informed me his brother-in-law was shooting "heavy broadheads". 125 grain. His jaw about hit the floor when I told him mine were 230 grains. Lol They aren't going to win any races but they are quiet, fly true, and are deadly.

I shoot gold tips with same head weight. Total weight similar. My adult son was looking at my arrows with the Grizzly/Wolverine heads and stated they looked kinda "primal". I said they were heavy, and he informed me his brother-in-law was shooting "heavy broadheads". 125 grain. His jaw about hit the floor when I told him mine were 230 grains. Lol They aren't going to win any races but they are quiet, fly true, and are deadly.
It's all relative I guess. When I first moved away from my long bow to compound I was all about speed and was shooting something in the mid 300 grains, then moved to the grizzly stick at around 640 gr. WOW what a penetration difference on that move but I didn't like the trajectory for longer shots in the timber with low branches. So I now shoot a light arrow at 510 ;) but kept the heavy tip weight.

Easton Axis Long Range with Iron Will Snyder Core components this year.

Have had a lot of success with Day Six Gear micro diameters as well. They're a great arrow, very tough. I've been using the aluminum half outs which work pretty well. Wish they made them in titanium.

Aluminum/carbon shafts are a bit stiffer than carbon or aluminum of comparable diameter. Not sure if your theory is correct or not but I don't have one to counter it. I do know arrow weight vs speed in a compound bow has been argued and tested over the years and I believe if I remember correctly that arrow speed won that argument. I think they put a super fast IBO (350 grain arrow) against a 550 grain arrow from the same weight bow. The lighter arrow wound up having more penetration than the heavier arrow in the same target. Not sure what the KE was for each arrow but the penetration test was clearly in favor of the faster/lighter arrow. Chuck Adams was a real stickler for heavier arrows offer better penetration. I'd say on heavy boned big critters, I'd stay with heavy and slower rather than light and faster. I'm in the Chuck Adams camp.
After 31/5 years working in a bow shop and testing everything I could get my hands on, by far any well tuned arrow preforms better than a poorly tuned arrow. a heavy shaft out penetrates a lighter shaft. Cut on contact broad heads penetrate better than mechanicals. Aluminum/ carbon arrows do bend.

After 31/5 years working in a bow shop and testing everything I could get my hands on, by far any well tuned arrow preforms better than a poorly tuned arrow. a heavy shaft out penetrates a lighter shaft. Cut on contact broad heads penetrate better than mechanicals. Aluminum/ carbon arrows do bend.
I jumped into that fast bow/ light arrow game for some years way back when Darton was leading the speed game in compound bows. Didn't really pay off other than flat low trajectory flight. Since, I've shot a few different companies bows and settled in on the Elite brand mostly for shootability. Speed is mid road and shooting 500 grain arrows doesn't optimize that number. Regardless, heavier does penetrate best and I've been using two blade fixed for well over 40 years jumping in and out of other models and always returning to what works best and most reliably. Now shooting a custom hybrid flat bow with 600 grain arrows and two blade heads, I truly realize how important heavy arrows are for both flight and penetration.

Gold tip hunter xt. Work perfectly for me. Not super heavy just 430gr. Cut my own and make them noticeably straighter by cutting the end or ends with the most wobble. I shoot plane old muzzy 3 blades and they work fine.

Much to my extreme displeasure my favorite hunting arrow is no longer in production. Were MIUSA 340 Beman carbon extreme sold by Cabelas as bare shafts. .003 straightness factor were under IIRC $70/dozen. I bought 4 dozen should last me a LONG time.
Fletched them with a AZ EZY fletching jig at a 3* right helical and 3" Q2i Fusion II vanes. Topped with Wasp 1-1/8" Boss SST FB/BH have been absolutely deadly on the last 9 or 10 deer I shot with them. IIRC total weight is around 450 grains. Has blown through every deer like tissue paper, and left Ray Charles blood trials.
They fly within +/- 2" of my FP all the way to 50 yards.

Another vote for the Victory Archery Products.
Starting out I swapped between a lot of different brands Gold Tips, Easton, Beaman, Carbon Express you name it. I always got the "higher end" models too. For me, the VAP TKO Elites have been by far the best for accuracy and penetration.