What’s your favourite hunting arrow?

Juan_ID

I have been shooting Easton Axis for quite a few years. Total weight around 450-475 with a stainless GT outsert. Have been very happy with them, next batch will be done with the hit’s tho.

jraulsten

LRH Team Member
Easton Hexx 330s with 75 grain brass inserts and 100 grain German Kinetics (the old original from Germany). 435 grains total.....

2ndson

Right now I'm using GT Kinetic XT 200's at 30" with HIT's, Bohning A-nocks, and Q2i Fusion Xii 2.1" vanes.......total weight 532gr, out of a PSE Freak SP at 70lbs and 32 1/2" draw at 289fps.

But I also have Axis 300's with HIT's at 494gr, Black Eagle Rampage 250's with HIT's at 484gr, and Trophy Ridge Crush 300's with HIT's at 500gr.

The TR Crush 300's are BY FAR the most durable arrow shafts I've used, and I've tried a bunch of them.

treelinehntr

Right now I'm using GT Kinetic XT 200's at 30" with HIT's, Bohning A-nocks, and Q2i Fusion Xii 2.1" vanes.......total weight 532gr, out of a PSE Freak SP at 70lbs and 32 1/2" draw at 289fps.

But I also have Axis 300's with HIT's at 494gr, Black Eagle Rampage 250's with HIT's at 484gr, and Trophy Ridge Crush 300's with HIT's at 500gr.

The TR Crush 300's are BY FAR the most durable arrow shafts I've used, and I've tried a bunch of them.
**** I wish I had a longer draw legnth!

Tiny Tim

I shoot Black Eagle micro, 230 tip weight, total weight 510.
I shoot gold tips with same head weight. Total weight similar. My adult son was looking at my arrows with the Grizzly/Wolverine heads and stated they looked kinda "primal". I said they were heavy, and he informed me his brother-in-law was shooting "heavy broadheads". 125 grain. His jaw about hit the floor when I told him mine were 230 grains. Lol They aren't going to win any races but they are quiet, fly true, and are deadly.

treelinehntr

I shoot gold tips with same head weight. Total weight similar. My adult son was looking at my arrows with the Grizzly/Wolverine heads and stated they looked kinda "primal". I said they were heavy, and he informed me his brother-in-law was shooting "heavy broadheads". 125 grain. His jaw about hit the floor when I told him mine were 230 grains. Lol They aren't going to win any races but they are quiet, fly true, and are deadly.
It's all relative I guess. When I first moved away from my long bow to compound I was all about speed and was shooting something in the mid 300 grains, then moved to the grizzly stick at around 640 gr. WOW what a penetration difference on that move but I didn't like the trajectory for longer shots in the timber with low branches. So I now shoot a light arrow at 510 ;) but kept the heavy tip weight.