What’s your favorite hunting bullets for 6.5cm

I have been using a 6.5 since 1964. Back then the Sierra 120gr for deer ( Muley's ) . In the 1990's started using the Barnes 120gr mono for deer . When they came out I switched to the 100gr copper mono. More than adequate for mature muley bucks ( 200 lb + ). Always a complete pass thru. Since I am mainly a meat hunter the fact that there was almost no blood shot meat was a huge plus. Also the Hammer brand 110 gr a fine choice also. It doesn't take a heavy bullet to put a deer, even a heavy bodied deer . Just proper shot placement. The overwhelming amount of deer I have taken has been under 200yds with a considerable number under 100yds. The copper mono's absolutely hold together at close range without the nasty blow up's that can come from a lead core bullet. even the bonded types. If the meat is a priority I highly recommend the copper mono whatever the brand.
I am working with the 110 gr hammer for a Muley hunt this fall. Always have used the Barnes in other calibers and the 127 Barnes LRX last fall.

Best accuracy for a hunting bullet out of my 6.5 CM is with Hornady 143 ELD-X.

Not bad for an AR-10 off a bipod.

d9r1Lo2.jpg

jBrOyx4.jpg
Hi, like your pics, group looks good but is better then you think. The left and right bullet holes are fliers, due to right bipod leg set in groove of wood planks. This will hold the leg, and cause the other leg to pivot causing horizontal stringing. Just saying,lol.

Hi, like your pics, group looks good but is better then you think. The left and right bullet holes are fliers, due to right bipod leg set in groove of wood planks. This will hold the leg, and cause the other leg to pivot causing horizontal stringing. Just saying,lol.

Good Eye .......

143 ELD-X has done well for me in both 6.5 creed and 6.5 PRC. Would like to find a little bigger better BC bullet for larger game tho.
I've been working on load development with my prc and the 156 Berger. I'm getting 3111 fps with RL26 and not got pressure shooting 1/4" groups SD was 3.4. H1000 was around 3061 with a SD of 7.

I've been working on load development with my prc and the 156 Berger. I'm getting 3111 fps with RL26 and not got pressure shooting 1/4" groups SD was 3.4. H1000 was around 3061 with a SD of 7.

Great info. I have a box of the 156, just need to spend some time with it. Thanks for the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.