What’s your favorite hunting action?

Blacktail-hunter

ok so I'm considering doing a custom 7mm08 for deer in California what are some of the better custom actions for a hunting rifle? Not looking to build a bench gun but something that can be packed around the hills? I have been told some work better than others for hunting due to some being built to tight for a reliable hunting gun?

I really like my Surgeon 591 for both precision competition and hunting. In my experience, it has been very reliable, with sufficient clearances to handle dusty/dirty conditions while not trading off the requirements for high precision work.

I really like my Surgeon 591 for both precision competition and hunting. In my experience, it has been very reliable, with sufficient clearances to handle dusty/dirty conditions while not trading off the requirements for high precision work.
Look at Remington Models 7, 600, 660, they work good. Depending on how much you want to spend, and how light you want your rifle to be, there titanium 700 clones that well also.

ok so I'm considering doing a custom 7mm08 for deer in California what are some of the better custom actions for a hunting rifle? Not looking to build a bench gun but something that can be packed around the hills? I have been told some work better than others for hunting due to some being built to tight for a reliable hunting gun?

Remington Mod 7 ,673, 700 and 788s For the short cartridges and the Weatherby Mark 5 for the big cartridges.

The Remingtons have the most aftermarket parts available. And respond well to accurizing.

J E CUSTOM

Got a good one for sale on here. Make me an offer:)

Remington Mod 7 ,673, 700 and 788s For the short cartridges and the Weatherby Mark 5 for the big cartridges.

The Remingtons have the most aftermarket parts available. And respond well to accurizing.

J E CUSTOM
J E do you happen to work on the weatherby action? I have one I'm looking to have built after my Colorado hunt in November.

M700, Model Seven, and push fed M70 actions.

I bought a Remington Model Seven SS in 7-08 with a 20" barrel in November. I love that handy, little rifle. It's very accurate, as well.

I Have guns built on Stiller actions and defiance actions, they both are really good actions. The defiance cost a little more but in my opinion they are nicer actions.

For a hunting action go lone Peak. They build titanium action that will save you half a pound

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.