What’s your 600 and 800 yard group? Let’s see some

Something tells me I need to start taking a camera and calibers to the range with me. all I have to offer is my old log books of what I was able to accomplish with my hunting and target rifles.
I do love seeing other people's groups at longer ranges. it means I am not the only one that loves to see good group therapy at the range.
My most recent target gun is a 300 win mag that I was shooting last summer just to see how it grouped. 175 grain slugs grouped well. 200 and 208 grain slugs grouped like improved cylinder.

My wife shot these 500 yard groups in the sitting position shooting off a bipod and no rear support
WoW! Sitting w/ bipod NO rear rest. I can do that from a bench or prone with my 6.5CM or 7RM but not without a rear rest of some sort. If you every consider cheating on her, you'd better be in another state if she finds out. lol

I don't have any pics, usually when I'm shooting at 600 it's on steel anyways but I do have a video. When there isn't a lot of wind I'd say if you threw a 5" plate out at 600yds I'd hit it 10 for 10.

I did some dope verification before heading on a NM Elk hunt last year. This was the cold bore shot.

My custom 7mm WSM

Can't ask for more! What's your elk load. How did the hunt go

Generally happy with .5 moa or less. Occasionally I'll see some .025 moa. I rarely shoot in no wind or non-variable. This video is perfect example of a .25 moa group being screwed by wind. Watch the rock dust change directions on the last shot. It's 1000 yards.

That's pretty good shooting Brent. Yes saw the way the dust reacted on the last shot. What cal are you shooting

Something tells me I need to start taking a camera and calibers to the range with me. all I have to offer is my old log books of what I was able to accomplish with my hunting and target rifles.
I do love seeing other people's groups at longer ranges. it means I am not the only one that loves to see good group therapy at the range.
My most recent target gun is a 300 win mag that I was shooting last summer just to see how it grouped. 175 grain slugs grouped well. 200 and 208 grain slugs grouped like improved cylinder.
Yes indeed. Most of mine were recorded on my log books. Still have most of the targets. Pretty nostalgic when I take a look.
Used to chase bug holes, wasted a lot of time, powder, projectiles which I could have spent hunting. Time is what I regret. But it gave me trigger time and made me a better shooter so hey, it had its advantages. No regrets though, better behind a rifle than going shopping with the misus😊

best group at 800 yards with 6.5 cm is 3 inches.
best .223 group at 600 yards just under 4 inches

to be honest Im not capable of that all the time!

Attachments

• 20200407_103841.jpg
    20200407_103841.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
I have found 165 to be my best round for elk hunting, the longest kill /taken shot on an elk was 498
Cool, that's awesome. Do you have a season for Elk or can you hunt them all year round like we can deer here in NZ.

Not trying to top this by any means. I was shooting rabbits last Saturday with my son using a 65-284 and 130 VLD. Took eight shots and got 5 rabbits at ranges between 350 and 500. I was spot on for elevation but the wind was making me miss by a dime at times.

My son was spotting for me. He's 18 but drops everything to go hunting/shooting with his old man👍

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.