What’s your 600 and 800 yard group? Let’s see some

Talking to me? I use a sig2400 currently. Have a Leica 3200 on order and plan to switch to that
Yes Brent, new to this so must be replying in the wrong place😊 Same here 3200.com on the way 8x56 apparently it lets in 76% more light than the 10x42. I have a 42 Leica and nothings wrong but happy with more light.
I use a 2800.com with my Kestrel Elite as a solver. Very effective for me.

My elk load last season was a 7 WSM w/ 168gr berger classic hunters doing around 2850fps. I have since gotten rid of the barrel and am going to a Bartlein 7 SAUM. Not sure which bullet yet.

We went 3 for 3. My dad shot a nice busted up bull (1st pic) at 250 yds w/ a 300 WM, my brother shot the 6x6 (2nd pic) at 150 yds with a 300 WM and I shot a 7x6 (3rd pic) at 325 yds.

View attachment 241797
View attachment 241796
View attachment 241798
Wow, thanks for sharing. Pretty happy faces mate😊 who wouldn't be grinning from edge to edge.. how does this work, ballots?
Here in NZ we don't have a season for deer, tahr, chmy,pigs or goat. We do have a few elk but it's very strictly managed and so it should be till the numbers are up. I have a 300 WM shoot 190 VLDS at 2950 Stiller Tac300 Mac A3 shoots very well but nothing big here to warrent a 210 or 230gr bullet

@Rifleman97 My personal favorite was tagging a wolf at 980. Still beats my 1125 and 1300 yard yote kills, because it was a wolf and I then tagged his mate at 606. In the end both shots were dead nuts on. This vid was shot screwing around while chasing wolves and I wanted to pew pew something. Found a little white rock.....

man you are fortunate , I dream about hunting wolf. I'm sure the satisfaction is day and night between the two. Yotes a yote but a Wolf must be something else. How far do you have to travel to hunt wolf? Do you need a tag or are they a pest

I don't clean until about 50-80 rounds and then it's just carbon only. Rarely ever pull copper unless the barrel is a turd. Clean bore first round is usually not on the group and usually a different velocity. Hence not cleaning. What I will do if the rifle has sat for a few weeks is run a dry patch or snake through to pull the chalky oxidized looking carbon. That seems to bring al my rounds into the same group and same velocity
Thanks Brent, that makes sens. Oil?

man you are fortunate , I dream about hunting wolf. I'm sure the satisfaction is day and night between the two. Yotes a yote but a Wolf must be something else. How far do you have to travel to hunt wolf? Do you need a tag or are they a pest
Tag(s) yes and there are specific hunting rules and regulations to follow. I drive anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours to start a hunt. I cover a lot of territory since they have a wide home range and no boundaries. Super hard to chase down. I've seen a lot, killed 15, and missed a few too. They are the reason I got into long range. I shoot coyote as they are pest and kill a lot of deer here. I don't specifically hunt them but when I see one, it's game on, and I try to kill them.

I don't oil. I use boretech cleaner and dry patch. It leaves a little residue that helps condition the bore. Most of my barrels are stainless and it's not humid here.
Thanks for this valuable info mate. I remove carbon every time I get back from a hunt or shoot, then lightly oil and shoot it like that the next time. Will try your method going forward. It's reasonably cool and not humid here either except for 2 months in summer.

Tag(s) yes and there are specific hunting rules and regulations to follow. I drive anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours to start a hunt. I cover a lot of territory since they have a wide home range and no boundaries. Super hard to chase down. I've seen a lot, killed 15, and missed a few too. They are the reason I got into long range. I shoot coyote as they are pest and kill a lot of deer here. I don't specifically hunt them but when I see one, it's game on, and I try to kill them.
cool, none here. I mainly hunt/ kill deer and a whole lot of vermin within an hour or so from home. These are the best properties I have access to. Crown land and forests are fair chase and everywhere. Tahr and Chmy are in the South Island but it an hours flight. Or an overnight if you want to drive and take the ferry to cross. I like the adventure and drive there.

cool, none here. I mainly hunt/ kill deer and a whole lot of vermin within an hour or so from home. These are the best properties I have access to. Crown land and forests are fair chase and everywhere. Tahr and Chmy are in the South Island but it an hours flight. Or an overnight if you want to drive and take the ferry to cross. I like the adventure and drive there.
Always wanted to go to NZ and site see and hunt. Maybe someday. Beautiful country.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts