What’s your favourite hunting arrow?

Probably not much help, but I like a breasted tapered Port Orford cedar shaft with big helical feathers. Not very durable, but works of art and smell nice. Lol
LOL...Not much help either.....been making my POC arrows for about 50 years. They have never let me down....
243C9E78-EC4A-4BE9-972B-B9328EB8DB9B.jpeg

LOL...Not much help either.....been making my POC arrows for about 50 years. They have never let me down....
View attachment 166125
I have huge respect for your style of equipment choices. I was blessed with a gift for instinctive shooting as a young man. I lost interest is archery period , for several years. When I regained the bug to shoot later, I picked up a compound with sights and release. I tried to pick up a recurve a few years into my new archery interest and had lost my instinctive gift. I tried several different times to get back in the groove, but never got "it" back.

It's just more work as we get older. I take nothing away from anyone's choice of equipment. For ME, with my last compound, it simply felt like my "hunt" ended when I got into my stand. Then I was merely "shooting". Believe me, there is nothing like shooting a buck (or any animal) on the ground inside 10 feet! Lol. Good luck on your decision. Lots of great equipment available and some terrific suggestions.

I have huge respect for your style of equipment choices. I was blessed with a gift for instinctive shooting as a young man. I lost interest is archery period , for several years. When I regained the bug to shoot later, I picked up a compound with sights and release. I tried to pick up a recurve a few years into my new archery interest and had lost my instinctive gift. I tried several different times to get back in the groove, but never got "it" back.
I can certainly understand what you are saying. When I began bowhunting as a skinny teen in 1967 building the strength to draw 45 pounds and master a 20 yard shot with confidence was a year long endeavor. I also found that I had also had instinctive shooting ability, with my first two whitetails taken at 30/40 yards still hunting. When compounds came into vogue in the late 70's, I did buy one, taking a couple of deer. While the compound was a major advancement in speed and shoot-ability, I couldn't warm up to its weight and complexity. Also, I didn't feel like a had a major disadvantage given my hunting style. I have been shooting recurves and longbows ever since. Nowadays, most of my bowhunting is small game.
Shot this bunny the other day with one of my home made cedars with my Super Kodiak at 27 paces. They work!
03069F90-28B1-4843-873B-CB21FA877D39.jpeg

Robert the best I can tell you is one of my Ravin Bows,R-20 with sniper package,I can shoot 125 yards pretty accurate with only a slight crosswind.I have used it shooting at targets at 150yards but there is a lot of varibles to contend with,not so much at 125 though.But 100 yards is accurate all day long,but Ravin only makes 2 different arrows right now .001 & .003 lighted nock in .001.its a blastgoing to rifle range and shooting beside rifle shooters ,they can't believe it.but of course I didn't either till I shot one!
That is pretty dam good i might be interested in bow hunting if i could stay back a hundred yards. Is there any chance of a pic and where could be had?

I still have a dozen ACC to get threw.But a friend gave me some Easton super slims,shot my last archery 6by with them.My sons using FMJ's