Whacked a cow

thefrenchman

I was blessed with a cow the other day, she was the slow one in the herd and now she is in the freezer. 530yds, 338rum, 300gr Berger elite hunters with a thunderbeast can. Took her in South Central MT and only had to hike 3.5ish miles and 1200' vertical to get to the kill site :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-195517.png
    Screenshot_20211101-195517.png
    637.5 KB · Views: 307
Well my brother is a hard *** for putting in the miles and I scored on some draw tags this year so...just trying to use what I was given :)

In this case I can't take the credit for the initiative. My brother is part mountain goat and was always waiting on me to catch up with him. That said, I appreciate your comment and agree with you that this behavior is becoming much less prevalent.

Your hard work to kill that cow is commendable, most elk hunters, if they can't see their license plates, won't go any further

I agree and saw it first hand. Lots of trucks at the trail heads but very few people more than a half mile in and even less off trail in the canyons. All of our spots started at 1 mile, a few of them taking us through some beautiful elk country to get there.

To the OP, congrats to you.