Wet your African hunting appetite

pvanwyk

Decided to wet your appetites by including some photo's of my latest hunt in the plains of South Africa. Photo shows a Rowland Ward Mountain Reedbuck taken with my 25-06, 100gr SMK's at a modest 223yds.

Long shooting is normally the course of action as can be seen from the photo showing some of the landscape. [image][/image] [image][/image]

Nice!

I'm scheduled to be in Eastern SA for 10 days in late May to early June 2007. I still haven't decided what I'm shooting in the way of critters but I figure only indigenous species for the Cathcart, Eastern Cape area. I'm sort of hoping the landscape there will be a little lumpier that in your picture.

what area did you take your mt reedbuck?? I took a gold medal Mt reedbuck in the Graff-Reinet area ( Camdeboo conservancy) Yours looks like its close to 6"

very nice!!

Dave,
areas vary quite a bit from wide open space to thick bush valley's. I really worked hard for a good Eastern Cape Bushbuck but no luck. My favourite species for the area is black Wildebeest.

Did a quick measurement in the bush, which was just over 8". Rowland Ward is 6 7/8" if I remember correctly so I'm really happy. Was a long stalk, including a 35min power nap while waiting for the ram to get up and start walking around. The hunting area is Bedford, which is about 200 miles from Camdeboo.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.