Wet tumbling brass

Flare

For you guys wet tumbling your brass what tumbler are you using? Do you like it or wish you had another one? Tumblers to stay away from?

Corey

i bought mine on Brownells. I think amazon has the cheapest price currently, but if you play the waiting game a little you can find them cheaper. My buddies are always trying to borrow it.

Thumler's, I spelled it wrong. Here's the site

I have the Model B. Mine is almost 40 years old. I replaced the drive belt and the roller guide rods about 4 years ago. I can't begin to count the number of cases I've cleaned with it. Probably between 30-50k.

Thumler's, I spelled it wrong. Here's the site

I have the Model B. Mine is almost 40 years old. I replaced the drive belt and the roller guide rods about 4 years ago. I can't begin to count the number of cases I've cleaned with it. Probably between 30-50k.
I can't find where they are sold at website has no prices

Corey

This is the one I use and I like it. I use the stainless pins and also picked up one of the magnets that has a release. Really helps with the cleanup.

I've switched to rice (been discussed here) in the tumbler to keep the carbon in the neck. When I want them brand new looking it's the steel pins.

For you guys wet tumbling your brass what tumbler are you using? Do you like it or wish you had another one? Tumblers to stay away from?

Corey
I bought the bigger of the two Frankford Arsenal tumblers. That thing is a champ. I've tumbled 2 loads a day almost every day for almost 4 months and it does a great job. Unless you load small batches I would spend up for a bigger tumbler. Even the larger Frankford Arsenal only can do about 450 pieces of 223

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.