western mule deer antler growth, 200" buck, can you tell right now?

I would say your still a might early on the prediction...
The final growth can peterout with dry summer conditions...
Well...i should clarify....the deer in the mountains...not the deer around crop land that have access to good forage and most times more than sufficient water......
For mountain critters it's gonna be genetics..luck...and age...which for a mountain animal is severely limited....good Muley buck may be 7 years old before he hits his genetic best.....but food..water..and even injuries can hamper antler growth.....

The highest proportion of muley score is tine length, inside width, and main beam length. Some of the mature bucks I saw earlier this week pretty much had their main beams but it will be nearly impossible to come up with a ballpark score for another month when most of the tine length is completed.

If you happen to identify a particularly big buck you've seen in past years you can likely know he's around. He will likely have a fairly similar score to previous years. You may be able to ID him by a white nose, slit ear, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.