western maryland

I hunt out there a lot but am not from there. I hunt in the Paw Paw Bends upstream from Little Orleans. I shoot frequently at the Green Ridge rifle range.

I'm a little father west,Grantsville actually, and I just started tinkering with this long range shooting/hunting. Haven't actually killed anything farther than 400yds but have shot out to 900. lotta fun

Greetings fellow sufferers in the state of Maryland. I live near Frederick, Md. Great town, if only it was in a different state. Anyway, I will be finishing a long range rifle shortly and am looking at LR places to shoot. I'm like 2 miles outside the Quantico range membership limit. The nearest place is 340 Defense. They only go up to 400 yds but at least it's more than 100. I'm also not that far from Peacemaker but have been hearing some mixed reviews and, given the cost, not so sure about that. I'm very close to a nice 100 yd range (Cresap) but it's only open on Sunday now due to manpower shortage.

We have a number of things but right now my attention is on 6mm Remington, Ruger 1V, FN SCAR 17 and Lawton action/ barrel in .375 Cheytac on XLR Industries Evolution Extreme HD Chassis.

Later...

I'm from the Frederick area and practicly grew up in Garrett Co. Use to hunt Pack Saddle, Piney, Sangrun area. Haven't been to Swallow Falls in a long time.

TD

A little late....

But hey I am out in oakland md here.

I hunt out on our farm a few miles from oakland. You see decent deer and turkey out here all the time.

we have a farm so most of the deer here are not to afraid of people.

Grantsville is not far from me too, I am only south a bit to oakland. I only hunt on my farm anymore though. Just been getting too expensive to have to buy the licenses in MD, When the land owner one is free.

Also if your neer me an need a decent tree stand and seperate climbing ladder, I have one that i won't use no more. I used it for one season bow hunting a year ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.