Western Australia hunters/shooters help!

Porker

Hello all,

Just starting out in WA with my 338 win mag and wanted to know a bit of info from all you seasoned hunters:

1) Cheapest hunting ammunition brand in Australia in general, and where do you buy your ammo and re-loading components from?
2) Anywhere to shoot edible pig and deer in WA?

would be greatful for any advise, tips and information

G'day to WA,

I don't shoot 338 so can't help with ammo, but as for eating, there all edible. I love wild pork, it has so much more flavour than grain fed, so i perfer under 30kg pigs.

The problem people are having with wild pork is Brucelosis, this is a nasty disease and is transferable to humans, the solution is to make sure your pork is well cooked, not rare or medium, but well done, I also never mince wild pork to reduce risk as bacteria are only on the outside of a steak/chop but can be mixed all the way through mince.

Hope this helps

Hi rob Winchester and another brand I think its called highlander. I ring cleavers and get best price and quote that in shops over here for all my reloading and they usually match it. We never eat wild pig in summer as they eat anything when the crops are gone ie dead sheep cattle etc. This time of year they are really tasty and we always freeze the meat for 1 month as this kills any worms.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.