West Virginia Deer Hunt

Summa724

Hey guys. I am planning a rifle deer hunt with a couple friends in West Virginia for next year. I am not looking for someones honey hole. We were checking out Cheat WMA. Possibly staying in Mill Creek. Just looking for some suggestions,idea's, helpful hints. Any pionters would be awesome. We are from Pennsylvania so we are not familiar with area. But we plan on Taking a trip down for alittle scouting late in the summer.

I've taken a couple deer out of monenghala national forest on the east side.

Depends on what you're looking for. If your looking to kill deer and see lots of them then the eastern panhandle is the way to go, just pay attn to the regs though, CWD has been found there. If your looking for better heads central to southern is where it's at. With the southernmost counties being archery only.

I have been doing some research and have noticed the areas with archery only and antler restrictions. I am going with the more relaxing hunt this year. I usually hunt hard for a decent deer out west and back home. Two of my friends are going also and I think they will be happy with a average deer and so will I. Thanks for the info . It all helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.