West Texas Hog Action

"Everything went great except that 35 Remington Hornady RN 200gr. Hit 3 hogs perfectly and they all ran off like nothing happened as evidenced in the video of hog shot between the cattle. I'm not used to that. Might try 200gr FTX next year."

I have used both those bullets in my Marlin model 336 in 35 rem. I stopped using the RN when I found it was too tough to expand well in my 35 rem. The FTX bullet is softer and opens up better and is my go to bullet for that gun. I haven't used it on pigs yet but it kills whitetails well. I use my 458 SOCOM for wild pork. It's too much fun.

"Everything went great except that 35 Remington Hornady RN 200gr. Hit 3 hogs perfectly and they all ran off like nothing happened as evidenced in the video of hog shot between the cattle. I'm not used to that. Might try 200gr FTX next year."

I have used both those bullets in my Marlin model 336 in 35 rem. I stopped using the RN when I found it was too tough to expand well in my 35 rem. The FTX bullet is softer and opens up better and is my go to bullet for that gun. I haven't used it on pigs yet but it kills whitetails well. I use my 458 SOCOM for wild pork. It's too much fun.
I would have loved to recover the hogs shot, but they ran too far onto other properties. I hate that. I'm used to seeing hogs go down in sight, most the time within 20-30yds. (Hundreds of hogs of various weights over the past 20yrs)

This common result from:
.308 155 & 168gr Amax, even FMJ South African surplus
7mm Rem Mag
300 WM 200 Accubonds
44mag carbine TX heart shots
45 ACP 230gr Federal HST (close shots)

Anyhoo, referencing the video, its possible the hog was farther out since the vid was magnified and I noticed a slight delay from shot to impact. I did not see a pass through as typically indicated by dust kicking up behind the hog, and it seemed to have a stiff opposite side front leg when running off. Like maybe the slug was stopped by the shoulder bone or was stuck in the bone.

Regardless, this 35 Rem is being relegated to canyon busting close shots within 40yds to include multiple shots if needed. Also give those FTX a try, but won't know till next year.