West Texas Aoudad

I just wore my normal LOWAs when we were out. Temp was probably 45 in the am and then warmed up in afternoon. We would drive, get out and glass mountain range, drive more, glass, etc... I didn't see any snakes when we actually had to traverse canyon, get aoudad, field dress/cape and continue walking down back side of mountain. This time of year, probably don't have to worry as much with the temps being low, but I'll let others chime in that have more experience hunting that part of Texas.

I just got back from my first Aoudad hunt in west Texas, went with WTHO also, great experience. Shot a 30"X30" ram on the first day at 301 yards. For anyone asking about the meat, it taste fine but is tough! Eating some right now that spent 100 min in a pressure cooker and it's still a little chewy, good flavor though. Think I will grind the rest, how tough can burger be.

I just got back from my first Aoudad hunt in west Texas, went with WTHO also, great experience. Shot a 30"X30" ram on the first day at 301 yards. For anyone asking about the meat, it taste fine but is tough! Eating some right now that spent 100 min in a pressure cooker and it's still a little chewy, good flavor though. Think I will grind the rest, how tough can burger be.
I agree the flavor is great. I killed a younger ram in New Mexico and was unsure what to do with the meat so had it all ground. After having it a few times the family actually preferred it and I noticed my son that raids the freezer when he comes to visit took the ground sheep over elk and oryx. I asked him if it was intentional when I noticed and he replied "heck yeah" it's great.