West Tennessee Coyote Hunting

varminthunter

I have never seen so many coyotes and so few landowners willing to let hunters come on to there property to thin the herd.

I have seat in small town cafe's and dinners and heard landowners complain about the yotes, but when you ask them to allow you to come out and shoot some of these dogs, they will come up with every excuse in the book why they want let you hunt.

I guess the landowners in West Tennessee are not as friendly as they use to be.

Anyone here from West Tennessee having the same problem?

Maybe there's a special phrase that you need to use to get permission, "Please" sure isn't it. Maybe "How Much More?" would work better!!

Maybe there's a special phrase that you need to use to get permission, "Please" sure isn't it. Maybe "How Much More?" would work better!![/QUOTE]

The special phrase is "how much money you got".

What part of west Tennessee you in?

LOL !!! I love it, that's the phrase I haven't used yet. Just open the wallet and say "May I hunt yotes on your property"

I live around the Somerville/Jackson area.

I just wish the TN Game/Fish would allow hunting on public land during the off season. The yotes are actually killing the fawn population on public land. The state could probably sell special permits and make a little extra cash instead of taxing the crap out of us.

In my experience killing coyotes will make 0 difference in growing your deer heard. Killing one predator just opens the door for a new predator to take its place.

That's true, but it's still REAL FUN!!

I am willing to try though! BANG..BANG...BANG!!!

I have lots of good yote amount that I'm willing to donate to the cause.

I'm having the same problem. I listen to the farmers complain about the coyotes, and yet when you ask them to hunt, they almost get "lockjaw". I've got a few places to go in Decatur county, and a couple in Crockett county. But, you're right, I have problems in Madison and Fayette counties. Go figure.

They just haven't lost enough livestock to them yet,or haven't seen one kill and drag a baby calf of before the old cow even gets it cleaned.People these days are just not made the way we used to be.........

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.